So I bet you are wondering why such a weird title for this blog posting right? Well too bad, you are going to have to wait.
Onwards with another update....
Issac is doing well. He had his 2 month doctors appointment last Monday and he is 12lbs 7oz and now 23". So almost doubled in weight and grew 2 inches. He also had 4 shots; 2 in one leg, 1 in the other and 1 oral. Lets just say that he wasnt exactly a happy camper about that. He was all smiles through the whole appointment then that men ol man nurse came in and ruined his day. I had a hard time watching, I wanted to cry right along with him. We were ordered to get some baby tylenol to keep his fever down, because apparently babies get fevers after shots? Didnt know that. Sure enough though later that evening he got a fever and was a sweaty little thing. It was a rough night and the slightest movement woke him up into a screaming horror so dont think for one second he was going to sleep in his bed. He slept on me most of the night, and of course I didnt sleep much at all. He's moving right along with all his 'milestones' though, some even a little early then what the books say. He is quite the little Michael Phelps at night lately and swims laps around his porta-crib. I woke up this morning and he was completely on the other side and facing the opposite direction, and of course was cold because he was no longer under blankies. He also slept in his 'big boy crib' for the first time yesterday, for more than 20 minutes anyways. I am putting him in there during the days to get familiar with it. Other than that he is a very happy little boy, very smiley and happy. Hardly 'cries' more of just whines unless he's mad about something (like diesel barking, he no longer sleeps through that, or when Grandma Joan calls :) ). He is also officially a formula baby now, between the both of us being sick a few weeks ago and his love for the bottle I pretty much gave up on it. I wasnt fond of sitting there for 2 hours waiting for him to finish when he could down a bottle in 20 minutes and be back to bed lickity split. So this is his official first week with 100% formula. Issac does love his hands, sucking on them that is, he also is starting to grip things and fling them around. We get the occasional launch of the binky or toy across the room. His favorite is the elephant his Grandma Joan gave him, I've attached a link of rings to it and he likes to grab onto those too. I think he likes the crinkley sound of the elephants ears :)
As for Donavon, I dont think much is new. He's been busy at work as usual and he's off hunting for the weekend. He came home early from work today and packed up his crap and left. He went with 2 of the soldiers that work out here. They took one of their trucks so I guess I cant complain about the waste of money. Lets just hope he gets the stupid Elk this time. I'm sick of hunting. He's also been watching football like a crazy man, and yes, he will be watching the 'holy war' on Saturday (BYU vs. U of U). Oh yes, how could I forget. The Army boys won their 3rd Volleyball Championship last night. This season they were undefeated!
Now onto Eleasa. Not much new here either. I've been poking my eyeballs out all week trying to make a 'budget' so I can lay things out in laymans terms and make it easier for Donavon to understand that we are just straight up poor. I've always been a big budgeter and Donavon isnt so its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. A friend gave me a website to try out though, so far I like it alot. Its clearcheckbook.com. I might add its a pain to enter every transaction, however the website will generate reports for you. Each transaction you can put it into one of your categories you created 'groceries, gas, utilities, etc' and then it will create a line graph, pie chart, line graph whatever works for you and it shows you how much you spend each month in each category. This will be nice to put a number or percent on our trips to salt lake almost every weekend. I added up that in the month of Oct. we spent HALF of our income on gas to get to SLC and then food for that weekend. I'm pretty sure that could have been better spent on the little debt we have or saving for Christmas. Anyways, that has been my project lately. Something I feel very strongly about and I'm really hoping to get Donavon on the boat with me. Other than that I've been looking forward to Christmas, probably due to the fact that we're flying to Seattle the day after. I'm contemplating what we should do about Christmas, we really cant afford to go buy stuff but last year we didnt have a tree or anything and this year I'd really like to have one. But then again, its expensive!!! I'm thinking that I'll try to find a cheap tree and we probably wont do presents for us, just Issac. You're probably thinking, 'oh he wont remember' but he's the one out of all of us who needs stuff, like more clothing, some more toys etc. So I'd rather have the money spent on him than myself.
Ok, so I guess I can tell you why I titled this post 'Let's eat Baby Jesus'. So last weekend we went in (to SLC) for just the day (I know totally long day...). Donavon wanted to watch a football game and we didnt get it on our cable TV so we drove in just for that.... I wasnt thrilled. ANYWAYS, at Donavon's parents house they have one of the 'Little People' nativity sets. If you have kids, or have had them you should know what I'm taking about, the little people from Fisher Price. So last year Diesel kept swiping Baby Jesus out of the nativity set and trying to eat him, like he's a chew toy. Well I was trying to play Phase 10 with D's siblings (he went to the Real soccer game) and Diesel had something in his mouth. I demanded for him to 'drop it' and he did and out falls Baby Jesus... So I scoured Baby Jesus with soap and scolded him with hot water and put him back. Then D's dad says 'I think Diesel has something'... argh, again?? Out falls Baby Jesus! STUPID DOG. So as the night goes on I'm remembering last year we had the same problem!! And its JUST Baby Jesus. Its not the sheep, it's not the wisemen, its not Mary or Joseph, its Baby Jesus. WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?!??!?! No idea. But he's got it out for Baby Jesus, so everyone, hold onto your Baby Jesus's because Diesel just might eat him.
Annnnnnnnnnnnd thats it for now..... I will post a slideshow later of Issac pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment