Monday, March 16, 2009

It's a miracle!

I suppose I should clarify rumors that may be floating about the family. Its true, we're moving. HORRAY! I know, I know, I just posted that we are staying at Dugway for the rest of our lives. However for those of you who may have not caught on within the first year, things can change rather quickly in the military. Its just they way it goes. BUT we seriously, for reals, are moving. (I hope....) Not more than a week after being told he was in charge of the Clinic; Donavon finally got his recruiting duty orders that we've been waiting for since Thanksgiving. All the paper work has been signed and submitted and his orders were cut last week. So he will be going to school for almost two months starting sometime in August and once he has been in school a few weeks we will find out where we get to move to. If you're in the inner circle of trust you know the dates, and if you'd like to know, I can tell you. I just cant post them in case Osama Bin Laden is reading my blog and wants to destroy Donavon. No seriously.... I cant post dates, I've already gotten my butt chewed more than once.... So there we have it, miracle number 1 of the week!

Ah, yes... more than one miracle has happened this week! Issac went to the Doctor on friday! No nothing is wrong with him, he's perfectly happy and healthy (and fat). He weighed in at 17.3lbs and was 26.3" long. During our Q&A with the doctor he ratted out Issac on his sleeping habits. He said he should have no problems sleeping through the night and his newborn phase is definitely over and he needs to knock it off. Yes, he's been acting like a newborn the last few weeks and I dont get it! He was doing so good! Usually we have to swaddle him to get him to doze off, well I shouldnt say usually, we HAVE to. He's been fighting a cold and the doctor told us its not ok to give him a very very small dose of benadryl. Well benadryl is for a running nose and sniffles and he has them so why not? Cured the problem and he slept like a champ, unswaddled! Best sleep we've gotten in along time! Next night, layed him down unswaddled and awake and out like a light.... the next night.... out like a light... You have no idea how happy I am! It used to be a big fight to go down for a nap or bedtime and I'd have to swaddle him about 4 times before he'd fall asleep!! Then he'd be up every 45 min because he was so hot and sweaty! I can now get things done around the house during nap time because he stays asleep and doesnt get hot, and his arms dont wake him up either. How wonderful..... He slept almost 3 hours for his nap today and not a peep! That my friends is a MIRACLE!!

Here is my little man taking his nap right now, so peaceful. Kind of blurry sorry, I dont have a steady hand, however great picture considering its DARK in his room! You could hardly tell what the picture was before I adjusted all my settings!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

You are so funny. I really think Osama might read your blog, and if he doesn't, he should! I'm glad Isaac is being a good boy and sleeping now. Can't wait to see him and get my hands on that chunky monkey.