Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day late & a dollar short

I keep thinking when things slow down I'll blog about our trip to Seattle over the 4th of July and a few other things that have gone on. Then I think about upcoming activities that I am excited to blog about and then I realized things just aren't going to slow down so I better just do it.

So here we go. Yet another monster blog post; but you may be lucky since its been awhile and I have forgotten all the details.

We went up to Seattle July 2-10 to see my family. It seems like tradition is forming and we tend to go up for a visit during the beginning of July for the 4th, and throw in my Birthday while we're there. Donavon's family doesn't do anything for the 4th, just the 24th (Pioneer Day in Utah is bigger than the 4th).

We spent the 4th with my family, although it was just my sister and her 3 amigos, my parents, my Grandma Elyse (she flew back from Utah with us) and then the Sylte's my cousin's husbands parents, who happen to be great friends with my parents. As well as the Noyes family who have lived across the street forever.

We had a pretty good 4th, low key but lots of fun.

Donavon whistling Taps as my Dad takes the flag down for the night. It wouldnt be 11pm without Taps.
I've been dying to go to a Mariners game for years now; and last year I suggested it and then all the men folk went while I was at my baby shower. RUDE. I totally came up with the idea and they ditched me. So this year I made sure I was going. Donavon, Issac, myself, my parents and my brother all went to the game. It was a GREAT game. We were sitting in the very last row, but still I would consider them great seats because you had a great shot of everything, plus no stupid kids kicking your seat or beer spilt down your back. While we were there we got some cotton candy and gave Issac a taste. I dont think I need to tell you his reaction. :) During the game my Dad, Issac and I went for a walk and went to find my Grandma Gwen's brick. When they built Safeco Field you could buy a brick. Here is my Grandma's brick. I miss her a lot and wish she could have been well enough to go and see it. She loved the Mariners. AND, AND, AND.... KEEENNNNN GRIIIIFFFFFEEEYY JUUUNNNIOORR is BACK!!! yeah! I just have to say I loved hearing them call him up to bat again. Just like the old days!



We also went to the Mukilteo Lighthouse. Grabbed some Ivars and went down to the beach and people watched and watched the Ferries and sail boats. Love the Ocean. I just LOVE that smell. Mmmm....
Issac loves the water so I really wanted to go see the new and improved Mountlake Terrace Pool. My family goes there a lot with the kiddies and its been totally redone since I was a kid and is sooo much better. Complete with a little kids pool area with fun toys and a lazy river. We went with my sister and her 3 amigos one afternoon while everyone was at work. Issac LOVED playing at the pool with his cousins. Not many pictures since I didnt want to ruin my camera.
Issac, Austin & Donavon playing with the bubbles coming out of the ground
Naturally we hit up all the good places to eat. Its starting to become tradition to go to Perry Ko's for dinner with the Noyes family when we are in town. Perry Ko's is a chinese restaurant in Bellevue, so good. We crave it all the time; and yes, I now like Chinese. Issac enjoyed some chow mien.
Donavon has never been to the Woodland Park Zoo, which is a REAL zoo. The one in Salt Lake is so lame. He took me once on a date and I was utterly disappointed. Since the weather was decent we went on a play date with my sister (and the amigos) and my sister inlaw Stevie and nephew Jack. My cousin Monica ditched work and met us there on her way home from work. We had a great time checking out all the animals. It was a cooler, overcast day so more animals were out and about. Issac enjoyed it, for a bit anyways; then he fell asleep.

Donavon & Issac watching the birds fly around inside the Rainforest exhibit.
One of the biggest reasons we went up to Seattle when we did was my cousin Shelly who I haven't seen in ages was up there for about a month with her kids (She lives in Alabama). Since my Grandma Gwen has past the Fuller side tries to get together frequently so that we dont fall apart. I think we've done a pretty good job at staying together. I love the Fuller family, I may be partial to them since I saw them more than any other family, but I love them. I still have yet to find a good word that describes them. Definitely a lot of fun and always plenty of jokes to go around. While we were there we had a BBQ in the park and all of the Great Grand kids where there. I'm sure that my Grandma Gwen would have loved to see all of them together. We decided that we've got the cutest kids, none of them are funny looking. At the park my Aunt Diane took Issac over to the swings. He'd never been on a swing so I snapped a few pictures, He really loved the swing and was all smiles! We also celebrated my birthday while we were there. I gave Issac a sneek peak at what he gets to do on his birthday!


Top left to right: Jack (Brother's son), Tyler (Sister's), Owen (Cousin Kim's) Aden (Cousin Shelly's) Austin (Sisters). Bottom left to right: Courtney (Cousin Elizabeth's), Anne Elyse (Sisters), Makaila (Cousin Kim's) on her lap, Rachel (Cousin Elizabeth's), Ellie (Cousin Shelly's), Morgan (Cousin Deanna's) holding Issac, Kenzie (Cousin Deanna's)



Go ahead Issac, dig in! Letting him have at it on my birthday cake.

Having the time of his life on the swings!
Last but not least, we went for a boat ride before we had to go home. We didnt get to try out the new tube my parents bought but oh well. We just didnt feel like getting in and it wasn't exactly the warmest day, even though it was nice. Plus who likes to pack wet swimsuits? Issac wasnt a fan of the life jacket at all; but what kid is? I felt so bad for him, it smashed his cheeks up to his eyes and I'm sure he felt majorly closterphobic. He didnt mind it when we were moving as long as he had his blankie over him.
So there we have it. Our trip to Seattle is complete. That was long wasnt it? Sorry.... It only took me 2 weeks to complete this post too.

No comments: