Thursday, September 17, 2009

Accepted!!

Some of you have probably heard but we've been looking at houses, for awhile now actually. We found one that we really, really liked when Donavon was home for Issac's birthday. Only problem, it has to be built. Although thats ok too because now we can pick everything out! We put in an offer at the beginning of this week and we heard back tonight that our offer was accepted by the builder!!


Soo.... here is the scoop....

Our lot is in The Ranches at Eagle Mountain, in the subdivision Lone Tree. Highlighted in red.

The Ranches is a major planned community within the Eagle Mountain City limits, although not way out in the boonies of Eagle Mountain. The community is complete with a ton of really nice parks, some swimming pools, a very nice golf course, and a BMX bike park, and miles, and miles and miles of walking trails. Its a very nice community out there, we like it a lot.

http://www.rancheshoa.com/


The home we have chosen is going to be built by McArthur homes. We chose them because they offer great quality compared to others. We could have bought a home very similar for the 'same price' minus a basement, and $10-20,000 more of a 'big' lot. So in reality, McArthur Homes offers a lot more to a buyer than the others. Our home is called the 'Fairfax' and we are opting to do the craftsman style, in a 3rd car garage option. Here is what our house will be, courtesy of McArthurhomes.com

Some of the options we are firm are the downstairs 1/2 bath in the 'storage area' and the upstairs 4th bedroom & closets.


I'm pretty excited!!! Saturday I get to go tour the design center, then when we get back from South Carolina Donavon and I get to actually go and pick out everything from cabinents, appliances, counter tops, doors, EVERYTHING. I've always dreamed of this day!!!


Wow, I cant wait to move in! Oh, by the way, it wont be done until sometime in January, possibly early February. Bummer I know. But after that, if anyone comes down and needs a place to stay... you're more than welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very nice house, wish it were mine. I guess it could be if I wanted to live in Utah County. For Jim communting 10 min is too much. I love the style and it looks like your lot is pretty good size, bigger than a postage stamp. How fun picking all the stuff!!!

Kristine said...

Congrats Congrats! that is so exciting!

and the house plans look great!

Gloria said...

Looks great and it sounds like the development has alot to offer and a more open and "country" feel. It will be fun for you to pick everything. I hope you are more decisive than I tend to be at times....like how long have I been working on choosing granite for counters in kitchen? I was excited to see the floor plan, elevation and all...time flies. It will be done before you know it!