Well it was a nice thought... Issac is crying so scratch that... Oh maybe not, Daddy saved the day. I love the weekends, I can catch a break, sometimes. I noticed the other day when I did catch a break that our blog is lagging, so all week I have been meaning to make an update of our lives. HA, yes, it's taken a week, and now I have a month of updating to do!
We've been adjusting pretty well to being new parents. I personally thought for sure that the lack of sleep or rude awakenings every 45 minutes during the night would get on my nerves. I would be lying if I said they didnt, they do. However that lasts for about 30 seconds and then by the time I wake up and look over at my sweet little baby in dire need of something it all goes out the window. I've noticed I can be quite pleasant and 'playful' with him at 3am. Who knew!
A lot has happened in the last month. We were able to go to the Jordan River Temple and be sealed together as a family for time & eternity. My family flew down from Seattle for the big event and it was SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to be able to hang with my family for once. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd there is your update, Issac is crying again and Daddy disappeared next door.


Ok, you got lucky and it was just a missing binky. So where was I... right, my family. Did I mention I LOVED having them in town? I honestly couldnt tell you the last time my family was in SLC all at once. It was lovely.
Uhh what else... I'll go down the list person by person.
Donavon - HE MADE PROMOTION POINTS!! HORRAY!! On November 1st he will be promoted to E-6, Staff Sergeant. Last month he missed it by 1, yes ONE lousy point. Many people have said that since he is 'fast tracking rank' that if he stayed in he'd have no problem being a Sergeant Major by 20 years. He's still trying to decide if he wants to stay in. He says that if he likes recruiting enough he might stay in, but he doesnt think he could retire as a medic because his body is getting old and hammered. We still arent sure when he will be going for 7 weeks to the East Coast for training or where we will be moving but you will know when we know.
Issac - He's started smiling while he's awake! Since day one he's cracked smiles and giggles while he sleeps but now he smiles while he is awake. I've tried so hard to capture one on camera but this is the best I've gotten, right after!
We were also laying in bed I think Sunday night? And he let out a big ol' coo! I was like WHOA, where did that come from?! I wanted to cry! I heard my little man's voice for the first time! All week he has been practicing his story telling. He likes to tell the story about his deep sea fishing experience - he likes to move his arms in the moition where it looks like he's holding a fishing reel and reeling in a fish, its kinda funny. His 2nd favorite would be when he was the boxing champion, he's quite the boxer and packs quite the punch. I know first hand, I've caught a few of them in the middle of the night in the nose! He's starting to sleep longer in the night which is nice, but he still loves sleeping with me all cuddled up next to me. He's currently struggling to get over a sickness. Donavon caught something the weekend we went to the Temple then Issac got it, then me. We're both sick but Donavon got over it fast. Oh and how could I forget, we had our very first major diaper blow out today. HOLY MOLY! I guess I should have expected it since it had been 3 days. As soon as I laid him down to change him it just spilled right out the back. It required a bath to get him clean. He loves his baths though, he kicks around and splashes and just sits back and relaxes. Oh ya, and we also blessed Issac the same afternoon that we went through the temple. Below is a picture of him in his blessing outfit.

Eleasa - is sick. BLEH. I caught the nastiness from the boys and I cant seem to shake it. I had a flu shot the other day for the first time EVER. The only reason I even got it was because I figured if I built antibodies, Issac would get them too. However now I have this annoying lump in the bottom of my throat and it hurts, but its not the firey burning sore throat. Ive never had this before, its weird. Other than being sick I've started working out when I can catch a few minutes. I got out my trusty ball and weights, blew the dust off (literally) and I've managed to do it twice this week. I also have been walking everywhere I go, commissary, the clinic, anywhere. Saves gas and I get a good cardio fix and Issac LOVES going on walks and going to the Clinic to see daddy and be held by all the ladies. Other than that nothing much is happening with me. I'm LOVING being a stay at home mommy, I love being able to play with my baby and take care of him every day. Oh ya, I did get my hair cut and I went darker again, but not as dark as last time.
Diesel - Go ahead laugh, but I have to give an update on him too. He is managing to survive the dreaded abandonment. Poor dog is starved for attention. He is quite protective of little Issac and gets very concerned when he cries and loves the smell of poopy diapers. (All I can think of is my sisters dog moose eating a poopy diaper). At first he was just mopey and stayed back but he's back to himself again. Today while I was upstairs doing some sit ups he came up waggling his tail in excitement because I was on the floor and pretty much mauled me to death. After hovering above me he laid down next to me, but yet partially ON ME because he just couldnt get close enough. I continued trying to do them and so he then laid his head ON my stomach and rolled over and looked at me. I shoved him off, all 90lbs (now thats a workout in itself). So he got up and hovered again and decided I REALLY REALLY needed a wet willy, make that a few of them. Then he started pawing at me. The 'go find daddy' trick didnt work, he knew he was gone. Ughhhh.... if its not the baby preventing me from working out I guess it will be the dog!
Well I guess I have to go. Donavon invited one of the new soldiers over to dinner, we are having elk steaks. Ew. And since he invited him over and I havent finished cleaning my house now I have to. GREAT. The new soldier is shorter than me, tehehehehehe. So mature of me I know. He said he is 5'3". I'll maybe add to the update later if I can think of anything to add....
We've been adjusting pretty well to being new parents. I personally thought for sure that the lack of sleep or rude awakenings every 45 minutes during the night would get on my nerves. I would be lying if I said they didnt, they do. However that lasts for about 30 seconds and then by the time I wake up and look over at my sweet little baby in dire need of something it all goes out the window. I've noticed I can be quite pleasant and 'playful' with him at 3am. Who knew!
A lot has happened in the last month. We were able to go to the Jordan River Temple and be sealed together as a family for time & eternity. My family flew down from Seattle for the big event and it was SO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to be able to hang with my family for once. Annnnnnnnnnnnnd there is your update, Issac is crying again and Daddy disappeared next door.


Ok, you got lucky and it was just a missing binky. So where was I... right, my family. Did I mention I LOVED having them in town? I honestly couldnt tell you the last time my family was in SLC all at once. It was lovely.
Uhh what else... I'll go down the list person by person.
Donavon - HE MADE PROMOTION POINTS!! HORRAY!! On November 1st he will be promoted to E-6, Staff Sergeant. Last month he missed it by 1, yes ONE lousy point. Many people have said that since he is 'fast tracking rank' that if he stayed in he'd have no problem being a Sergeant Major by 20 years. He's still trying to decide if he wants to stay in. He says that if he likes recruiting enough he might stay in, but he doesnt think he could retire as a medic because his body is getting old and hammered. We still arent sure when he will be going for 7 weeks to the East Coast for training or where we will be moving but you will know when we know.
Issac - He's started smiling while he's awake! Since day one he's cracked smiles and giggles while he sleeps but now he smiles while he is awake. I've tried so hard to capture one on camera but this is the best I've gotten, right after!
We were also laying in bed I think Sunday night? And he let out a big ol' coo! I was like WHOA, where did that come from?! I wanted to cry! I heard my little man's voice for the first time! All week he has been practicing his story telling. He likes to tell the story about his deep sea fishing experience - he likes to move his arms in the moition where it looks like he's holding a fishing reel and reeling in a fish, its kinda funny. His 2nd favorite would be when he was the boxing champion, he's quite the boxer and packs quite the punch. I know first hand, I've caught a few of them in the middle of the night in the nose! He's starting to sleep longer in the night which is nice, but he still loves sleeping with me all cuddled up next to me. He's currently struggling to get over a sickness. Donavon caught something the weekend we went to the Temple then Issac got it, then me. We're both sick but Donavon got over it fast. Oh and how could I forget, we had our very first major diaper blow out today. HOLY MOLY! I guess I should have expected it since it had been 3 days. As soon as I laid him down to change him it just spilled right out the back. It required a bath to get him clean. He loves his baths though, he kicks around and splashes and just sits back and relaxes. Oh ya, and we also blessed Issac the same afternoon that we went through the temple. Below is a picture of him in his blessing outfit.
Eleasa - is sick. BLEH. I caught the nastiness from the boys and I cant seem to shake it. I had a flu shot the other day for the first time EVER. The only reason I even got it was because I figured if I built antibodies, Issac would get them too. However now I have this annoying lump in the bottom of my throat and it hurts, but its not the firey burning sore throat. Ive never had this before, its weird. Other than being sick I've started working out when I can catch a few minutes. I got out my trusty ball and weights, blew the dust off (literally) and I've managed to do it twice this week. I also have been walking everywhere I go, commissary, the clinic, anywhere. Saves gas and I get a good cardio fix and Issac LOVES going on walks and going to the Clinic to see daddy and be held by all the ladies. Other than that nothing much is happening with me. I'm LOVING being a stay at home mommy, I love being able to play with my baby and take care of him every day. Oh ya, I did get my hair cut and I went darker again, but not as dark as last time.
Diesel - Go ahead laugh, but I have to give an update on him too. He is managing to survive the dreaded abandonment. Poor dog is starved for attention. He is quite protective of little Issac and gets very concerned when he cries and loves the smell of poopy diapers. (All I can think of is my sisters dog moose eating a poopy diaper). At first he was just mopey and stayed back but he's back to himself again. Today while I was upstairs doing some sit ups he came up waggling his tail in excitement because I was on the floor and pretty much mauled me to death. After hovering above me he laid down next to me, but yet partially ON ME because he just couldnt get close enough. I continued trying to do them and so he then laid his head ON my stomach and rolled over and looked at me. I shoved him off, all 90lbs (now thats a workout in itself). So he got up and hovered again and decided I REALLY REALLY needed a wet willy, make that a few of them. Then he started pawing at me. The 'go find daddy' trick didnt work, he knew he was gone. Ughhhh.... if its not the baby preventing me from working out I guess it will be the dog!
Well I guess I have to go. Donavon invited one of the new soldiers over to dinner, we are having elk steaks. Ew. And since he invited him over and I havent finished cleaning my house now I have to. GREAT. The new soldier is shorter than me, tehehehehehe. So mature of me I know. He said he is 5'3". I'll maybe add to the update later if I can think of anything to add....
(ok I started this on Friday and its now almost Sunday morning...)
In the mad dash to clean the house I smashed my toe and its now black and blue, so Donavon and I are twins. He bruised his by kicking a soccer ball at the same time as another soldier. AND we went to the pumpkin farm today - I will have to post about that tomorrow. I'll really really try, I promise.
3 comments:
I love the picture of him smiling! I had a good laugh about Diesel liking the poopy diapers. Just wait until he does chew one up all over the house. It WILL happen at some point! Those labs will eat anything. How were the Elk steaks? :)
they had what id like to call a 'bloody' taste. i dont know if thats the 'gamey' taste of it or what but i used mom's flank steak marinade and i just tried to pretend it wasnt elk... LOL, not bad though but not the best steak either.
I was starting to wonder if you guys were okay over there in Dugway! LOVE the pic of Issac smiling...so dang cute! Stroller rides are the best...I started doing them when Alec was little too and he still loves going...makes it so I can actually work out. :)
Post a Comment