Here we go.... I have a whole month's worth of blogging to catch up on! Usually not a lot happens within a month but it was a very happening month to say the least! So get comfy because this is going to be the world's longest blog post! I will try my best to do it in chronological order.
Issac went to see Santa Claus for the very first time and was such a trooper! He didnt fuss or cry, he must have know it was the real Santa! He asked Santa to give his mommy a million dollars (which she never got, thanks a lot Santa!)
Santa made Mommy & Daddy sit on his lap too - Mommy wasn't planning on having her picture taken so she wasnt too worried about what to wear to the mall.
Donavon voluntold me to make cookies for all the Soldiers for Christmas. I suppose it gave me reason to follow holiday tradition and make sugar cookies. However, the perfectionist I am was going to make the cutest holiday cookies ever! Donavon started to help me and grabbed a knife full of frosting and went to slap it on and I said 'WHOA, hold on... let me do this, you take care of the baby' I had some nice 'down' time alone and turned it into cookie-therapy. Odd way to 'relax' but I'll take what I can get! 
Here is Issac watching me make cookies. I love how he is sitting there with his arms up on the sides of his Bumbo kinda like 'whats up girl??' haha
We also have been lucky to have my Grandma Elyse in town. She comes South to Utah every winter to escape dreary, dark and depressing Seattle and stays with my Aunt Julie. I love having her come down and stay for awhile. Here is Issac with his Great Grandma Elyse during one of our visits, and with Aunt Julie and Uncle Jim.

The Sunday before Christmas was the Strain family 'Christmas'. Issac had his chance to open his very first present, and surprisingly he was pretty interested.


Donavon has always been the favorite Uncle, unless you ask the other Uncles they claim they are. Here is Donavon w/ Amberly, Alexis & Carissa (Donavon is obviously trying to hide from the camera).

Due to a big storm that was coming in we had to drop off Diesel a day earlier at the Kennel, making this the 2nd Christmas he'd spend at the kennel. Poor doggie. We gave Diesel his Christmas on Christmas eve. He got some booties for his feet, a new ball and a new bone. He wasnt too sure about the booties - stay tuned for some video footage.
Now onto Christmas Day!! Yah! We spent Christmas Day in Salt Lake with Donavon's parents, or I should say Mom. Since the snow strom hit pretty hard Donavon's dad was out plowing for the state allllllll day long. We were glad we went in early so that we could spend Christmas with his mother who would have otherwise been all alone. We wouldnt want that! Here are some pictures of Christmas day for you to enjoy. 



After opening presents Christmas morning Donavon's sister Jennie and her family came down for a little visit and brought their Wii. They got the Wii Fit for Christmas. According to its test my age was 26... great.
Issac, Kyler & Caden


Carissa & Issac
The day after Christmas we woke up around 3AM and headed out the door to the airport enroute to Seattle to see more family! This was Issac's FIRST airplane ride!
Finally in Seattle! My Sister and Brother and their families came over for breakfast and Issac opened up a few more Christmas presents. Seattle has seen record snow fall this season, I can only remember once when we got more than a few inches, it was around 12 to be exact and it only lasted for a day and melted. It rarely snows in Seattle and when it does 1. It's not very much at all 2. The whole world shuts down because they do not have plows and there isnt a straight or flat road in the state and 3. It usually doesnt last. However this year I was amazed at how much snow there was!!! HOLY COW!! I've NEVER seen so much snow in my life in SEATTLE!
Taking pictures of 5 little kids is not an easy task.... Here are all 5 of the Fuller grand kids. My sisters daughter (the only girl, poor thing) Anne Elyse, holding Issac, Austin (my sister's oldest), Jack (my brother's son), and Tyler (my sister's youngest).
Here is a picture of the City plow.... yup... the CITY plow. Not the neighborhood 'contracted' plow.... not a friendly neighbor from the hood helping out.... the CITY PLOW. HAHAHAHAHAHA Ahhh HAHAHAHA. We sat on the front porch of my parents and laughed away. He was going so fast down the street he was totally out of control, and he had chains on too. The reason for going so fast? So he wouldnt get stuck. Mind you the streets are horrible and this is after more than a week of snow and they are still this bad. Now do you understand why Seattle shuts down when it snows?
Yes... He's stuck in the snow... hahaha....
Onto Seattle festivities. Well, the best story of the entire trip is the pig story. The day we got there my brother inlaw had to go back out and plow (he spent almost every waking hour plowing!) so we went out to see my sister since she was stuck at home with the kids. My sister's family has fallen off their rockers and has started a farm in their suburban neighborhood. They raised turkeys for Thanksgiving, my sister has Hens and Chicks in her backyard and now... yes you guessed it.... pigs. The pigs were put there temporarily before they went to the slaughter house until my brother inlaw had time to deal with them. So my curiousity struck and I wanted to see this little farm in suburban Seattle. Uh.... MISTAKE. I didnt know pigs were so, uhm whats the word... excitable? Donavon and I ventured out into her yard and I took my camera to capture the moment. I dont know if it was the flash or what but the pigs charged the fence and came running for me! I went running for the house through the snow screaming to death and when I got to the back door I couldnt get in! I was banging on the door and screaming and crossing my legs as to not pee my pants and what do I get? Everyone inside stares at me like 'what is your deal?' Apparently the pigs were after the garbage on the back porch not me but WHATEVER, I have PIGS chasing me!!! HELP!!!! I was so unbelievably close to wetting myself.
After FINALLY getting into the house, the piggies ran off with the garbage so my Dad and Donavon were out chasing the pigs around the yard trying to get the garbage back, and dont forget her choco lab Moose was out there running and chasing the pigs too! Once and a lifetime experience... Thanks sis!
While we were in Seattle my sister inlaw, Stevie; her sister who is a good friend of mine (Whitney) got married. The reception was like a big reunion, I saw so many people I havent seen in probably 7-10 years! The best was my friend Maricela. We've been friends since High School and were roommates our first year at college. She had a baby about a month and a half after I did and I hadnt seen her and her little Abel yet.
Also while we were in Seattle we did a Fuller cousin get together. I love going home and seeing my family. The Fuller side has got to be the funnest crowd around. I love all my Fuller cousins! We got together at my cousin Deanna's house and everyone got to meet Issac for the first time. Thanks Deanna!
MaKenzie & Issac.


Makaila & Issac

MaKenzie, Issac, Deanna & Owen in the back
Ugh ok, I'm getting sick of this... almost done. While in Seattle we also did a Henderson cousin get together and went to the Aquarium and then to Dick's on Queen Anne for lunch. We also got together with the Noyes'. The Noyes' have been the world's greatest neighbors and I'm sad they are not my neighbors anymore. My parents are sure lucky to live next to them! Both of our families went out for Chinese food one night, it was a lot of fun to be together again. Issac took up residence in Donavon's coat while we were out to eat, I thought it was pretty cute.


Grandma & Issac watching the Seals swim
1 comment:
Ok, I know for a fact that the nieces and nephews all say I am the favorite uncle the most. I may cheat a little, but the fact remains.
--Bryan
Post a Comment