Thursday, June 10, 2010

My sweetie pie


Who needs another when he's already as cute as can be? Or as rotten as can be.... Either way, if another one ever comes they've got some tough competition.


Lets see... what isnt that boy up to these days. He recently just had the flu, that was really fun. Barf, barf, and more barf, and endless laundry. Then Mommy got it - then Daddy. It was just a barf-a-rama week.

I was cleaning my sofa with my carpet cleaner and I finished a section of it and moved on and I thought he was just standing on the sofa (minus the cushions) watching cartoons... ohhhh boy was I wrong. He found a pen crammed in the sofa and colored allllllll over the sofa. not just a line. Scribbles on multiple cushions, big black scribbles. Restart. It came out for all those wondering.

Another day I was blow drying my hair and locked him upstairs with me and Diesel downstairs. Upon finishing my hair I noticed it was too quiet. Usually he plays in his play room with his toys. However as I began searching for him I found the dog at the top of the stairs. I thought, oh that Issac must of let him up. I let him back down and kept looking for him. Uhh nooo where..... I ran downstairs and to my surprse he had grabbed a step stool and pushed it over to the counter, and helped himself to the 5lbs of strawberries that was sitting on the counter and was taking ONE bite out of each ginormous juicy delicious berry then tossing it to Diesel.



He LOVES playing outside. So much that I have a hard time keeping him inside. The sun is great and dandy but every kid needs a break, especially when the sun is so intense and hot. Digging in the flower beds is the most fun apparently. Second would be taking that dirt and putting it on the patio, or down the window wells or in the grass. Next would be mowing the lawn with his bubble mower, which doesnt produce bubbles. Lame.He also undoes all the gardening I do. Its great. I love redoing everything multiple times. Digging in the dirt is great. If you ever come over and the walkway is covered in dirt, I apologize.


I took my gloves off to do something for him and he stole them from me, then I think was mimicing me, and not in a nice way :(


He loves to watch Phineas and Ferb on the Disney channel.

He can throw a mean fit over a popsicle. Just say the word or walk by the freezer and you'll get a primetime seat at his show.

Still no talking - other than mimi/mommie. We know he knows words, he just opts not to use them. Over the last 9 months we've heard them but once you hear them he stops. Its like he does it just to spite us. He may not say much but he understands completely which makes it easier. 'go get your shoes' 'go put it in the garbage' simple commands and tasks. He did say 'gamma' twice last week, and 'da-tee' over and over again the other night until Donavon finally came down and he stopped.

He still slams his head into whatever is nearby. The wall, the cabinets, the cement floor. We're pretty used to it, others I guess not. One day at the store while paying he slammed his head onto something and the two girls at the registers jumped and gasped. Donavon and I were like what? She was like 'he just slammed his head!' I said 'Oh, ya he does that alot'. As for the Doctors orders - just ignore it, reacting to it gives him what he wants. So please, dont react to it, thats what we do. He's not doing it as much, but depends on the day and his frustration level. Still working on sounds to help him learn words to ease the frustration.
 
He also likes to help out with chores. Particularly feeding Diesel. You've got to keep an eye on him in the garage because that is the first thing he goes for (the dog food). You tell him to go feed the dog and he will literally go get his bowl, take it to the dog food bin, scoop the food into the bowl, close the lid, then go take it to Diesel and watch him eat. Supervision is necessary at this point to ensure the dog gets enough, and not too much. He also will help me clean the windows. He will wipe his face and hands after he eats, and his tongue...
 
He keeps pretty busy during the day, dumping bags of chips on the floor, finding things he shouldnt have, emptying out all his toys and dispersing them throughout the house, terrorizing Diesel (and feeding him).
 
For your entertainment I'll tell another story. The day after we got back from Vegas I was to take my Grandma to see her sister who was in town for a short visit. Issac woke up and spit up/gagged/barfed. i chalked it up to gagging on a lot of mucus because he was fine after. We had a bath and after the bath - up came breakfast. Hmm... still determined to take my Grandma to see her sister we got dressed and out the door. We werent even 2 miles down the road and Issac barfed in the car. My new car (post on that later). Awesome. We turned around and went home. I stripped Issac down to his diaper and tennis shoes, threw all his clothing on the driveway, took the carseat out, hosed it off, wiped the barf out of my car, etc. In the mean time Issac climbed around the car a bit and the dog pooped on the neighbors lawn. Before I forgot I hurried and scooped the poop. While doing so Issac went into the garage and scooped out a ton of dog food into the kennel. I picked that up, what I didnt get up I went to get the dog. While getting the dog Issac followed - I turned my back and Issac found the poop in the pooper scooper. I turned around and what do you think I found? A baby covered in barf, squishing dog poop... fresh dog poop. Yes! My day is just perfect. At about this time I butt dialed Donavon and he hears nothing but he freaking out about Issac and poop and yelling at the dog to clean up the mess. At least it was Donavon.....
 
I bet you are glad you werent me that day. Needless to say we didnt get out to take my Grandma, fortunately another cousin was available and stepped in -- but it was a great story, right?
 
Since its been awhile and I like to take pictures of my cute boy and he's ever so changing I'm going to post the worlds longest list of pictures & videos. You dont have to look through them all, but I'm doing this for the family that never gets to see him.

Not quite sure HOW he does this, but he wakes up alot in the morning with one arm out...

Bed head - Three Horned Issac - OR Daddy's twin :)

He used to HATE bananas... until Vegas a lady gave him one while we waited for our food. He however will only eat them whole, like a monkey, and the peel has to be on it so he can hold it.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure is an entertaining little guy. Cute as ever!

Meagan said...

Don't you love having a blog to "journal" with so you remember all of these things? My favs are the pics of him dragging the lawn mower behind him and of him eating his banana. He's grown up so fast! And is so handsome too!

Gloria said...

What a guy!!! I have dealt with lots of "barf" but never that and dog poop at the same time!!! Course I was never brave enough to have little kids and a dog! Your little guy is so dang cute.....I used to think to myself Heavenly Father made toddlers, pre-schoolers so adorable because then you couldn't get too upset and do something rash when they create havoc! I still believe that is true!

brenley said...

he is so cute! he has grown so much since i last saw a picture of him! what a sweetie!