Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Utah State Fair

It was only a month ago, or more. Whatever, I'm single parenting leave me alone. You're more than welcome to come clean my house so I can blog.

When the State Fair was actually going, we went. Donavon naturally had to work the event, but thankfully only ONE night not the whole 2 weeks it was going on. We went as a family on the last Friday it was going on. Donavon got off work 'early', meaning he was home before 6. So we hussled it on up there.

By the time we got there it really didnt leave us much time until bed time. We watched a Sea Lion show when we first got there. Kind of weird, the couple doing it were really weird. But what do you expect from carnies right?

After that we ate, outrageously priced food that really wasnt all that great.

Then of course what do you do after you eat? Ride rides! Brilliant idea. Fortunately the kiddie rides are pretty tame and I made Donavon go on them with Issac. Its not safe being pregnant... right? Ok so more like my gut hurt really really bad from that food I just ate and the thought of riding in circles didnt seem appealing at the moment. Besides, Issac needed Daddy time. I really think its important for them to share special moments together, he spends enough time with Mommy all day.

Donavon said most were ok but the carosel was a killer, it went on and on and on, round and round and round.

I dontk now what we were thinking but we bought enough tickets for a family of 15. I guess I thought all the games took tickets, nope - cold hard cash for those. 30 tickets and 2 tickets a ride (1 per person) and then half the time they never charged a ticket for Issac. UGH. For the love!

It was getting late and we hadnt even seen the animals yet, the best part. We ended up giving away the tickets we had left over to the recruiters that were still left manning their booth. Told them to give them away, save them for their families for the next day or leave them for the guys tomorrow.

We finally got to see the animals, or what was left of them. Issac got to pet a baby cow that had just been born the week prior. Other than that, the animals werent too exciting either.

We got out of there by 10pm I think. Bed time? 9pm. Whoops. Oh well, Issac had a blast and even though my gut hurt incredibly bad it was nice to spend some time with my boys.

Here are some pictures from the night.


{waiting forever for the Sea Lion show}

 {Finally the Sea Lions... Sea World is way better...}

{Sharing a corndog with Mom & trying to show off the new shirt}


 {Thumbs up dude! Round & Round you go Donavon!}

{Chuga-chuga-choo-choo}

{Nevermind that is blue and it said Chair Force on it, Go ARMY!}

{Sweet paranoid baby cow}



No comments: