Wednesday, March 16, 2011

2.5

He's 2 and a half! Can you believe it? Where has the time gone?! I thought I should blog about Issac and everything he's up to.

He thinks its hilarious to give you a kiss, then lick you at the last second! We are always trying to guess if he is sincere and wants to give us a kiss or silly and just wants to trick us!

He still loves to snuggle in the morning and drink his milk. However its gotten to the point I no longer nuke the milk. Why? Because if its cold, he gets cold and he will snuggle and snuggle longer. Tricky Mommy!

He is slightly obsessed over Cars still. Everything is "za za ing!" (Lightening McQueen). However I did record the movie Bolt on Disney the other week and so the obsession is spilt between "Boll" and "za za ing!". I tell ya watching the same movie every day for months on end gets old real fast!

He loves to play with his cars. We have plenty of them. He drives them around the perimeter of our gigantic sectional and crashes them. "Mom, Mom..." he likes to show us the crashes! He'll usually slap his head too and say "owww" when they wreck.

His vocabulary is expanding nicely. His newest phrase is "Mom-mom" Not sure why or how that came about. I reply "what-what?" now. He's got more animal sounds down as well. We still do speech therapy and they are really impressed with his progress, now we are working on pronunciation.

He continues to crack us up daily. My personal favorite is when he says "ew gross". When he picks a booger? "ew gross", when he barges in on Mom or Dad going potty "ew gross". I've got to admit he nails it every time, it usually is a 'ew gross' type moment. We have no idea where he picked it up from. It sounds more of 'ew gosss'. Gets me every time.

He loves to chat on the phone. Loves it. When the phone rings he squeals and runs to find it, hoping its Daddy. If its not, well he's awfully disappointed. Next on the list? Grandma Strain. They chat quite frequently. Just last week the phone rang I was upstairs getting dressed and he was watching cartoons downstairs. He yelled up at me "Mom? za Dad?" I yelled back down "Yes its Daddy come here so you can talk to him". He didn't come up, odd. I kept talking to Donavon then we heard the other line pick up and he started chatting away. He went and found his own cordless phone. No need to climb the stairs, I'll grab my own! Too cute!

He also loves the iphones. Angry Birds to be exact. Its this stupid game that Donavon has downloaded but Issac LOVES it. Before we used to have to unlock the phone and find whatever he wanted but he's figured it all out. He knows how to unlock the phones, and where each game it located on the screen and how to start each game. He often steals away our phones from us. We keep saying we need to get him his own iTouch, too bad they are so flippin' expensive!

At bed time we have to read a minimum 4 stories. Usually the same 4 over and over and over again. Until I hide them. No matter what you suggest he grabs the same 4. He sure loves stories! Only Mom can read stories though, no one else. Its so bad that when he's in nursery on Sundays and they do story time that's when he breaks down and wants Mom. I guess no one can touch my mad reading skills! I'm flattered however, and love the fact that we can snuggle in his bed at night and read, then of course I shower him with kisses!

He's such a character and full of life! He has the most loving and sweet personality, and very compassionate like his Daddy. He's very in tune to others around him. I'm sure he'll make a great big brother! He even alerts me every time he hears a baby cry in public 'mom, mom, za eyeing" and points to his eye and sticks his lip out.

I'm really praying that his new little sister wont ruin him too much. Some kids just turn ugly when the attention isn't on them. I'd be heartbroken if he changed! I hope he still is just as loving and caring, and still loves to snuggle! We couldn't have asked for a better kid!

I still cant believe he's TWO and a HALF. He'll be THREE soon. Yikes!

2 comments:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

Cute post!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute, he is full of life and very handsome too: ) We sure love it when we get to see him. I have my picture from Christmas on my desk at work. Everyone always ask, who is that cute little boy?