Monday, March 14, 2011

Spoil me, because you can!

Since Issac's days are numbered as the only child I wanted to do something with him. Something special. Every snuggle in the morning I wish he'd just stay one more minute. After all it could be our last uninterrupted snuggle. And dare I say last? Who knows how he'll react once the baby arrives. He could completely cut off the love all together.

Donavon had to work Saturday so I decided it would be Mommy & Issac time. I was exhausted though so we settled for a redbox movie, candy and snuggles! We rented Alpha & Omega. A kid story about wolves (totally dumb if you were wondering) and we got treats to go along with it. Lollipops, gummy bears, mambas and fudgsicles. Healthy dinner eh? Mom has to be cool every once and awhile right? Not like its going to kill us. Issac enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed watching something other than Bolt or Cars.

On Sunday since we had stake conference and there is no way on Earth I was going to sit in a metal folding chair for hours we did our family day. I had been racking my brain of things to do. Given the nice weather lately I kept thinking of outdoor things, however the ground is still completely saturated from all the snow. Plus the forecast was iffy for Sunday. Not to mention 99.9% of things are closed on Sundays in Utah. I finally remembered that Disney on Ice was in town. I checked it out and sure enough they were still here and I found $5 off coupons online.

We got ready and headed out. We rode Trax all the way into the city. We decided its NOT more cost effective, and definitely not more time effective. $4.25 for a round trip? Then throw in the stops every 2 seconds. We thought it would be fun for Issac though, he's had an interest in trains lately. We ate at Mickey D's at the Gateway, what kid doesn't love a happy meal? He actually ate all of his nuggets too. Impressive!

After we ate we made our way over to the arena for the show. We got there early enough to find out seats then go get a souvenir for Issac. You cant go to those things and NOT buy your kid something. He picked out a Buzz Lightyear toy, overpriced as usual and naturally its not that cool of a toy.

Issac really enjoyed the show. I think we saw just about every Disney character ever known to man. The show was broken up into 'holidays'. The first was Alice & Wonderland, a birthday party, some others were Halloween, Valentines day with the Princesses, summer vacation in Hawaii w/ Lilo & Stitch, Christmas w/ Toy Story. There were other acts but I'm drawing a major blank.

I think Issac really enjoyed a day of fun for just him with his Mom & Dad. Playing at home is great and all and occasionally getting a treat at the store is great too; but sometimes a kid just needs a day that is for them. It was really nice to get out and spend some family time together, just us three musketeers before the new little one crashes the party. Donavon and I even got snuggles all day. What parent doesn't love snuggles?

Hopefully we can get out and do these things more often with him, if not anytime soon I know for sure he'll be attending his first movie in June when Cars 2 comes out.

We thoroughly enjoyed spoiling him to death yesterday, once you add more the spoil factor decreases.


{Riding the "toot toot"}


{playing with Buzz, Dad had to show him how to fly Buzz}
{Don't forget the skateboard from the happy meal!}
{Buzz can skateboard!}
{Giving Mom "kisses" on the way home - aka licking Mom}


1 comment:

Katrina said...

Issac is so cute. I miss him. Looks like a good time!