Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Am I really blogging Happy 4th of July? That was forever ago. *sigh* Well I hope you all had a fabulous 4th. We stayed home this year, and actually threw a BBQ at our house for the neighbors that were left behind and no big plans. Last year our street, well wait no, the neighborhood was empty. We found one other family who didn't even have fireworks and had them come over to light off ours with us. I wanted to cry last year. Every year I had spent in Utah I had some big show to watch, or I went home where can do, or maybe not so much can do, but just do big fireworks. Last year it was a sad time for fireworks. This year however... they changed the laws and we had some pretty good ones! You can finally light off aerials in Utah!

Turned out that not many neighbors had plans so we had about 31 people to dinner and then others joined in for the firework show. We had a blast! Love getting to know the neighbors better and all the kids love playing together.

Here are my two adorable babes in their 4th of July outfits. We told Issac if he held Katie he could do "booms". It worked like a charm, but then backfired because he thought if he offered to hold Katie all the time he could do "booms". Sorry bud. He hasn't really held her much since.


{On the actual 4th we had my Aunt & Uncle and Grandma over for dinner - Grandma loaded Issac on the strawberry shortcake!}









No comments: