Donavon had to work, just like he does every weekday and I'd been having some serious rough patches with the kids so all I really wanted was a day that wasn't filled with crying and tantrums. I got it. That's all that mattered.
The weekend before (maybe 2 weekends before? I cant remember!) I finally bit the bullet and got my living room furniture, which was my birthday present. With the money from my parents I got some sconces to put on the side of my mirror, that really belongs to the top of my dresser but is now in the living room because the TV sits on the dresser. I've been really wanting the pottery barn slipcover "look" but I have a cheap beer budget. I couldn't find something similar ANYWHERE. Really? I found "the look" at Ikea though.
Now I'll come right out and say it. Ikea is cheap. Everything usually falls apart within 5 years, and its not exactly the quality I wish to invest in, because I'd like to keep my things for longer than that. However, I did some research and lots of testing out and found nothing but great reviews. I got a love seat and a chair to start. In white. Yeah. White....
Fear not, the slipcovers obviously come off and are machine washable, and if something terrible happens the new covers are $39. The plan is to one day be able to afford another slipcover that isn't white. But I wont lie, I love the white... but lets be real, I have kids and kids are always at my house. (After 2 weeks all my nieces and nephews from my side came to visit for a week, and then throw in neighbors - all of which were SO excited to bounce on them annnnd they need to be washed really bad, but I'm waiting until mud/outside season is over).
Now that I've got the couches I need to figure out drapes and once I figure that out I can work on pillows and accessories. That is on the back burner because I have NO time.
{My Grandma took us to lunch for my birthday before she left town, had to get a picture with her great grand babies!}
On my actually birthday we went out to eat with Donavon's Dad, Mom was out of town so we went to Wingers. She just loves Wingers. For those who don't know her, there was an extremely large amount of sarcasm in that statement. However, we, Donavon's Dad included love Wingers. After we ate we went back to his parent's house and had ice cream pie (which I had made for myself). I forgot the candles, and so I had a touch of white trash thanks to the men and their bright ideas. Sorry for the bad picture quality, we had a few things working against us, the dungeon house and Donavon trying to not just take a picture but light my cake on fire as well. I need to give him a mini photography lesson one of these days.
So to commemorate the occasion I'm going to give you 26 things you may or may not have known about me:
1. I love spicy food, if my ear drums aren't burning and a hole burning through my stomach it wasn't hot enough!
2. I wish I could travel more, I love seeing new places!
3. Utah is growing on me like a bad fungus.
4. I didn't always want to be a mom. As a teen I wanted to be a career girl and live in the big city, but I'm so happy I changed my mind!5. I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for anything, even on those days.
6. I'm very opinionated and stubborn, yet I'll always listen to all sides.
7. I'm very indecisive. I think.
8. I grow tired easy. Not sleepy tired. Like I am always ready to change things up. Just ask Donavon about paint. (Painted the family room, kitchen and bathroom twice before we hit 9 months in our house).
9. I have ADD, not to be confused with ADHD and when I take my medicine I feel like superwoman.
10. I was diagnosed in my teens with the ADD and also learning disabilities. They put me in Special Ed in high school. Yeah. "Special Ed", just what every teen dreams of. I went from all F's to a 4.0, all because I finally got help and I no longer felt stupid. It was an amazing feeling.
11. I am a perfectionist and it eats me up inside when I cant get it right.
12. I love to cook, even though Donavon would beg to differ!
13. I have been teaching myself to sew, and I'm blowing peoples minds with my craftiness. They never knew I had it in me!
14. I am scared to death of snakes, fish and death/dead people.
15. I'm a planner. I like to have things planned out so I know what to expect and not be caught off guard. Its not working out so well being an Army wife. You cant PLAN and I'm finally letting it go and learning to 'go with the flow'.
16. I love yoga, I just never do it but I wish I could do it every day.
17. I like everything CLEAN but I have given up. I have 2 kids and a husband, and none of them care. I feel so much better inside when everything is clean and put away and fresh vacuum lines in the carpet.
18. I have anxiety attacks about stupid stuff (Donavon taking the kids to the store, while I stay home. What if they don't come home? What if they get hurt?)
19. I still sleep with 1 of 2 of my baby blankets.
20. I'm addicted to technology. I've always been a computer nerd at heart.
21. Mexican food is my ultimate favorite. I could eat 2 tons of chips and salsa. Yum.
22. I suffered severe depression as a kid, and I mean severe, but I'm grateful to those who helped, listened, reached out and in a way saved me. Up until this year I never knew why I had to battle those demons, but this year it became very clear.
23. I could sunbathe all day, something about laying in the sun just melts all the worries and stress away.
24. I love spending time with my family - and miss my Seattle family like crazy all the time.
25. I'm exploring my artistic side lately and I love it. Its so new for me. I've never been a crafty gal.
26. I love writing, as long as its not for a class and I don't have to cite my work or research it. The reason why I love blogging. Its just me and the keyboard and no one can give me an F.
Wow... that was a lot harder than I thought.
1 comment:
Great post! Loved the 26 things! Wish we could get together more often! xxoo
Post a Comment