Monday, October 24, 2011

Cuttin' kins

I've been cleaning all day, trying desperately to get caught up on my pockets of chaos list. I was determined to have this house spotless by the end of today. Its pretty clean. There is still some clutter but hey, I have two kids and we live. Most of my time today has been spent cleaning my bathroom. Specifically the shower glass. I'm going nuts over it. What was I thinking getting clear glass? Oh that's right, they want how much for frosted glass?! After last weeks barfcapades it really needed disinfecting. I used good ol vinegar and it didn't work, lemon halves dipped in salt? Nope, try again because now the shower glass is filthy. So we are soaking in vinegar now. I'm awaiting my shower for the day....

So my dear friends, while I fester in my funk for a tad longer I'll surprise you with another post. And this one isn't from 6 months ago. We did this, this month! Impressed? You should be, so act it!

Issac had been bugging me for a long time to "cut kins". So we finally went on down to the local pumpkin patch and picked us some 'kins. In our master development there is a family that lives on a ranch parcel that grows pumpkins every year, and they are free for the picking. However if you would like to donate there is a jar there to donate. This year the money was going to the PEF that our Church runs.

Going down there ourselves would be totally lame so we invited the girls next door... and Omar. Poor guy is in a house of all ladies! I'm not sure if Issac was more excited to go cut 'kins or go with his bestest friends. Either way, they all had fun picking out their pumpkins.

Of course he wanted to cut one when we got home. We convinced him otherwise. We held off for a night. His 'kin is now on the front porch totally rotten. It almost survived until Halloween.

Here are some pictures of our cuttin 'kins event. Enjoy!


{Which one is the perfect one?!}


{Issac, Kamillah, Annabella, Katie & Victoria - "The Girls"}


{Issac & Katie, he is the best big brother!}


{Give it here Dad! I'll play with it!}


{Ewwww! Gross! All this hype of cuttin kins and he wanted nothing to do with it!}


{I'll just sit and watch Dad gut it. Mom cut it.}




1 comment:

Joan said...

THose are so cute, we have the one of the 2 of them on the hay stack as our screen saver. Wish they oculd trick or treat at our house.