So at the current moment both kids are asleep. I'm not sure how I feel about this. A few weeks ago everyone got colds, well everyone but me. Amazing! Donavon never gets sick and I always catch what is going around. Now that everyone is feeling great again, Katie had to go and get an ear infection. She is finally feeling better and so she's napping again. Hallelujah! Thats not the point... insert story here...
The other week I had wrapped up the majority of my DIY and was itching to finish the next step, which turned out I had picked a project with funny misfit sizes and Lowes and Home Depot were of no help. I had a whole day planned of specialty stores I was going to hit up for the day and some crafts to pick up at Hobby Lobby.
The kids are up and watching cartoons; I am in the potty and Issac is bugging me about his pee pee diaper. I ask "want to use the potty?" and he decides he wants to. I figured it was a rare occasion but thought I better ask "do you want your big boy undies?" and much to my surprise he did! Now a little background here; I purchased big boy undies quite awhile ago and he would have major meltdowns when I'd talk about them or show them to him. At his 3 year check the Dr said just forget about it, he'll do it when he's ready. Well he decided he was ready. Awesome, I have a million and one things to do and you want to give it a whirl. I spent most of my day wiping up pee. Day two, still wiping up pee, however he has decided that every 3-5 minutes he wants to go. For a potty treat. By the time he was done chewing the treat he was ready to go again. I wanted to strangle the kid. Potty treats became Poop treats. He refused to poop in the potty. Daddy told him he'd buy him a bow if he pooped in the potty. Nope. Then low and behold one night he says he has to potty, he was at the point he could manage on his own until he was done. I was sitting on the couch and he shuts the door... then I hear it lock. "Issac!! What are you doing?! Issac!!!" I got up and sure enough the door was locked. He's in there making a big ruckus and keeps telling me "mom poop". Oh lovely, I can see it now, poop smeared all over. He finally opened the door and there it was. Poop in the potty! The kid just needed some privacy! After 2 days he was a champ and accident free. We've only had 2 accidents since and he is doing awesome!
So long story short, that is why I'm afraid that I have not one, but two kids asleep. Mr. big boy undies is asleep on the couch {I just cleaned last week} after a nice big glass of chocolate milk.
I may as well take advantage of my time right? I'm so far behind in blogging I'm not exactly sure its worth trying to play catch up. Sure it would be great for journaling purposes but lets face it, I've probably forgotten most of the details anyway!
Carry on....
A ton has happened so I should try to break this up into smaller posts, but first I'll just recap a few "what we're up to" kind of things that don't exactly need their own post.
{The BIG boy}
Issac is potty trained! Way to go! I cannot believe how much he has grown lately. I was looking at pictures of when we moved into our house and he was a baby! Not only that, but I was looking at pictures of when I had Katie and just in the last 7 months he has changed so much! His vocabulary is growing each day. Our favorite is "no not!" Makes us chuckle every time. "no not mom! no not!". Katie was playing with his "beebs" {blankie} the other night and I said "brother is going to be mad Katie!" and he yells from the kitchen "no not Katie! no not! no not!". He is slightly obsessed with hunting elk. The weather is getting colder so playing outside isn't much of a choice anymore, and he really misses his friends! We're trying to make sure we hang out during the week. You have no idea how glad I am to see that he's more outgoing like his father and not shy like his Momma!
{Katie my lady}
Katie bugs is doing great! Well now that the ear infection is on its way out! Holy smokes! She was one cranky baby who refused to nap last week. I was wearing thin. The girl is one happy baby though. Just like her brother. Speaking of brother, she LOVES him. He is the only one that can make her laugh so hard without touching her. The other night I was getting her ready for bed and he kept coming in and out of her door and she was hysterical. In the mornings when he wakes up and we go and get him she gets the biggest smile on her face! If she's lucky enough to be in bed with me and hear big brother yelling in the monitor she will freeze and turn her head like did I hear brother? Is brother awake?! Once she hears him again she starts flailing her arms and legs with excitement. She loves all his toys, he's usually pretty good about sharing or if he's not in the mood he'll grab her some of her toys. I can already tell they are going to be great friends. I was so worried that they would be like oil & water since they are so close. I think it certainly helps that Issac's friends are in love with Katie and have been a great example. Katie loves to watch the big kids play, she's always wiggling trying to play with them. One day sweetie, one day.
Today Issac grabbed her arms and tried to pull her up to a standing position. "Walk Katie! Walk!". It was pretty cute, so I helped her stand up and he kept pulling on her arms trying to help her walk. Before he ripped her arms off I suggested he show her how to crawl. I put her on her tummy and Issac took off crawling "look Katie!". Oh was she trying! I was slightly worried that she might actually do it. Donavon and I aren't too sure if we are ready for the dreaded baby gates just yet. However I think by Christmas she'll be crawling, of course the Tree and all of its pretty and the crinkly paper under it will be the perfect incentive.
Speaking of incentive: we went to a birthday party the other week for one of Issac's friends and Issac was sitting in front of Katie and I, eating chocolate cake and ice cream. Katie was between my legs and Issac was off to my right facing me, about 2 1/2 ft away. Katie was eyeing the cake. She went for it. The girl lunged like no baby has lunged before. She got it. "NO Katie!!! MINE!!" and she had the biggest handful of chocolate frosting headed right for her mouth. Naughty girl!
That is one thing that has not changed one bit, her "temper". The girl doesn't fuss much, if ever. She goes from 0 to 60 in half a second. Perfectly fine one moment and before you can blink she is screaming like someone is hurting her. I was at a party one night and she did this, and my sister inlaws mother said "what did you do to that poor girl?!" Absolutely nothing. Uncle Bryan didn't get the bottle to her mouth fast enough! Hahaha!
Its so nice to have a little lady in the house. I am more than enjoying myself making girly things for her and scheming up things for the future.
{The Hunter}
{The busy one}
Ok so what have I been up to? Or better yet what haven't I been up to? My extreme DIY project is almost complete and I'm dying to share it to you! Now that its done, well almost done I can start doing some smaller projects. This extreme DIY was supposed to be my July project. I finished in October. So August's 'paint the kids bathroom' is still waiting, and now I am over stimulated with holiday decor DIY. Oh my gosh. Hello! One of Donavon's coworkers has a wife who is just the trendiest thing and she keeps getting me hooked on stuff. Couponing? Yep. {However I gave it up because I valued my time with my kids and time to do things far more than saving $200}, the Silhouette from Silhouette America? Yup, waiting for my delivery any day now! I just might go MIA again once I get that baby. I am stoked. I sold my cricut and bought this with the money. This new thingy hooks up to your computer, no more $60 cartridges! Oh and don't get me started on Pinterest. Yikes! Donavon says I need to go to AA meetings for Pinterest. I will give him that. Yes I am addicted, and very overstimulated. That project list just grew by 3 years long. I get so excited! Helping my over stimulation is a little stimulation called Concerta. I hadn't taken anything for my ADD in a very long time and after I had Katie I decided to give it a shot again. I wasn't feeling myself anymore. Wow. Why did I ever go off that stuff?! Remind me to never do that again! However, draw back is my anxiety was getting worse. I mentioned it to my Dr and he suggested that with my lovely bowel issues that maybe I try an SSRI because I guess a lot of Dr's are prescribing antidepressants for stomach issues, since you have serotonin and dopamine receptors down there. So kill two birds with one stone? Ok sure. Yeah.... day 1 I felt like I was 15 again and at my rock bottom. It was a day from hell. Give it time I told myself. It sucked every bit of life out of me. So not worth it. Forget it. I'll deal with knowing where every bathroom is in the state of Utah and my slight anxiety. So I'm just on the good ol Concerta again, energy is back and haven't had much anxiety lately.
**New update. I started this on the 17th. Tonight it is the 23rd. In the mean time Monday night Katie started projectile everywhere. I had given her applesauce for the first time on Sunday, and then again Monday before her nap. Could she be having a reaction? Watched her closely. She continued to throw up, a lot. Insert Tuesday. I got the call I've been waiting a month for. My new Silhouette Cameo was in and ready for pick up. YES! I can finally start knocking out some of those awesome crafts I've been eyeing on Pinterest. Uh, nope Donavon was working late. Boo. Next comes Wednesday. We have dentist appointments this afternoon. I sort of feel funny. Car sick... ohhhh crap. I tried to convince myself otherwise. We went to the dentist. I got my teeth cleaned. I got out of the chair and Donavon went back and BAM. I'm hot, sweaty, dizzy, OMG I'M PUKING!!! Well that's putting it nicely. I abandoned my kids in the lobby and ran for their bathroom. I'm not even going to tell you what went down. Lets just say I'm NOT looking forward to ever going back. Quite possibly might find a new dentist. So lucky me, Donavon had gotten off early and had driven us there, so he drove us home - while I puked my guts out over and over again driving down the I-15. {Before we left I saw a towel sitting there and I grabbed it, and a big bowl just in case - boy was that the best idea ever!}. Poor Donavon had to smell it all as we drove home. This flu was the worst flu I've ever had in my entire life. I exaggerate not, I'm dead serious that I thought it was something more than just the flu, it was so painful. I seriously thought I was going to die. I have never lost so much fluid so fast. I'll spare you the details but it was horrific. So it was a huge blessing Donavon had worked late the night before and gotten off early because there was absolutely no way I could have cared for my children. Not possible.
After feeling better, then getting hit with it all over again I got some sleep. Well until about 4am when I heard Issac coughing in the monitor. I shot right up out of bed and grabbed the bucket and ran to his bed yelling at Donavon who was sleeping in the guest room. Yup... sure enough. He'd puked. Thanks for feeding him hot dogs Donavon! Sorry was that a TMI? So there we are 4am. Issac and I sitting in my bed sharing a bucket watching Phineas and Ferb. I was starting to feel a bit better, and both kids ended up taking a morning nap that day, and afternoon. Issac took it like a champ though, got sick once and that was that. He complained a bit of the "bug" in his tummy but he played Wii and even outside in the dirt that day.
After 48 hours of not eating we went to BK for dinner. I got a whopper. I wanted 5, but I knew after starving my stomach was the size of a golf ball. Oh man was that whopper good.
In the end I lost a ton of weight, and got an incredibly good ab workout. No really, my abs were killing me for 2 days. Its just unfortunate that the weight was water weight and I kind of needed to replenish that. Oh and don't even think about offering me some Sprite. I'm so done with Sprite for awhile!
So I've been in survival mode this week. Now I'm trying to pick up the pieces. So frustrating.
That's all for now... I better get off my butt. Donavon was doing the dishes when I told him and the lucky neighbor to go give a friend in extreme pain tonight a blessing at 9:45pm so I should probably go help him finish. Hate when a friend calls crying in pain :(
and no pictures... amazing huh? I told you I have no time these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment