Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finally we have snow

We got snow! Its so weird not having snow and its January 24th. Usually by this time of year we have a 5ft bank of snow on the side of the driveway from shoveling all winter and about 1-2ft in the yard. However, up until last night the most snow we've had total was maaaaybe an inch. When it snowed we usually got a dusting, if anything. Our weather is a bit different then Salt Lake City or even Utah County, we sit further west and kind of protected from a few hills. It can be dumping in Salt Lake or even Provo and nothing at our house. Or it can dump at our house and my Aunt Julie has nothing in Sandy. This winter has been extremely mild, I'm talking mid 40's and even mid 50's.

I called Donavon yesterday afternoon and told him it was dumping and he said there wasn't even rain at his work 20 miles away. On his drive home there was nothing until he got close to home, and he even said the gas station a mile away had hardly anything, the roads weren't even covered. Our neighborhood? A good 3 inches.

Needless to say, for Issac's Christmas advent calendar I put in there "lets build a snow man" and was planning on having a day where we could build one but Christmas came and went with no snow. Once Donavon got home last night Issac was itching to get out there with Dad. Our neighbor Travis got a snow blower this year and he's been a rock star and has cleared the sidewalks on both sides for everyone. We always tease him he can just keep going and do our driveways and this time he did! What a great guy! I actually have no problems shoveling, (don't tell Donavon this) but I don't really mind it, as long as its not really heavy snow and blowing wind or I have kids screaming their brains out for my attention.

I snapped a few pictures of the boys in the snow. I bent down so Katie could touch it and she just stared at it like 'big freaking deal mom'. I'm kind of peeved that now that I've uploaded them the picture of them with the finished snowman is out of focus. Stupid snow. I didn't even realize it was out of focus because I was trying to hurry and get Katie back inside.

Look at me, taking pictures and blogging within 24 hours... go me.




 {Helping Dad shovel... and yes, that is a dust pan.}






Quick back story on the snow angels... A few weeks ago I was over at my inlaws house shampooing the carpets and my nephew Michael had come home from school for the day. Michael is 17, but says Issac is his favorite, and Issac feels the same way. The two of them play play play whenever we are there. It was one of those warm days and Issac and Michael were outside playing soccer. There was still snow on the ground even though it was probably 50 something. Issac had on just pants and a t-shirt. In the middle of their game he flops down randomly and starts making a snow angel. Michael brought him inside because, well if you make a snow angel in short sleeves you're probably going to get cold and wet. Issac has this look on his face like Mom I am FREEZING and WET!!! Michael couldn't stop laughing while he was telling me the story and then I couldnt stop laughing. Silly boy.


No comments: