I thought my last little burst of posts would get me "in the mood" for blogging but it didn't. Not one bit. To be honest I never even look at other blogs - maybe once a month, and I don't even look at many. I cant quite put my finger on it, why am I so "done" with blogging? Truth is I absolutely LOVE that its a journal for me and I know I'll cherish it in 20 years. So WHY am I so blogger bummed?!
I think part of it is that the computer is upstairs and Issac HATES when I stay upstairs when Katie naps. He'll start to get really upset and then it wakes her up so I end up staying downstairs. Move the computer downstairs? Yeah not going to happen. The computer is in its nice little office/guest room and I want to keep it that way. I don't want a computer randomly shoved into the corner. I hate when people do that. Not to mention Katie would be all over it like white on rice. I've tried to do things on the computer when she's awake and she gets bored super easy, and yes there are plenty of toys in this room. Its a struggle just to get on the computer to do the budget and pay bills twice a month.
We have a lap top, which is currently in need of repair. If I get it fixed though and keep it downstairs for when I'm feeling a bit bloggy, there comes the challenge of pictures. I don't want pictures uploaded and edited across TWO computers. Annoying. Blogging from the iphone. Yeah right. No thanks. Even if I had an iPad, I don't think I'd blog from it. I need to have a keyboard and mouse thank you.
So what to do?? I don't know what to do to get me back in the game. Any ideas? I'm even horrible at taking pictures! UGH. I swore I wouldn't be the mom with a million pictures of the first child and the rest? Pictures? Oops. Well I've done it. I hardly ever take them. I hate it!!!
I need some help. I need to get back on the bandwagon and keep up at it. Probably doesn't help that I'm 90% sure NO ONE reads this anymore. I'm scared once it gets nice again and we're outside for the next 7 months that you will never hear from me again until Christmas. Any ideas to get me back into it?
Oh and now that Issac knows there are games on the computer - he is starting to bug me for those too. Like right now? He realized I was up here and now he's climbing up into my chair telling me he needs "games puter puh puh please". Awesome.
While I'm here I may as well give an "update".
Our ward split back in January, 684 people in our ward. It was crazy. Now we feel naked at church, and we were released from teaching the Valiant 8 class, phew. Teaching 12 8-9 year olds was a bit much. Now Donavon is in the Sunday school presidency and I thought I was off the hook.... Ha yeah right. Think again. I got put into the Wolf Den for Cub Scouts. I thought ok, so like once a week we have to do something. Oh no... no no no no. Meeting and more meeting and meetings to plan meetings and training and blah blah blah. YUCK. This is getting to be overwhleming. Not to mention "welcome to boy scouts, by the way the biggest event in the boy scout year is next week, chop chop get to planning". I survived my first Blue & Gold Banquet. Luckily we got to do it w/ the other half of our old ward and they scrapped together some things from another ward's troop. So yeah... been a tad bit overwhelmed by it all. Not mention BOY SCOUTS! Seriously?!? Sick joke I know. So not the type. I hated girls camp and only went 2 years. Other than that I'm pretty sure my meds aren't working anymore. Well my concerta, I'm super tired again and distracted. The tummy pills are still working for the most part, although I stopped loosing weight and gained some back :( I guess that's what happens when food stays IN your body right? As for the reflux, its a hit and miss. I still take my prilosec twice a day, a few weeks ago "the lump" was so bad and after battling a cold my throat was super dry and my airway totally closed off while I was talking to someone and I had to rush to get liquid in my throat. Not fun. Now that I'm talking about this all I'm wondering did I ever mention any of this before???? If anyone has been following along, please tell me if I have failed to mention that in the last year my health went in the toilet and I take a bazillion pills a day now???
Donavon is still slaving away in the Army. He's been putting lots of people in and has been earning Fridays off for putting so many people in, and with Holidays its been nice. He's been home more. Tomorrow he and Issac are going to the Monster Jam show in Salt Lake. I bought them tickets for Valentines Day. The fiasco to get those tickets is another story... Maybe I'll tell it another day. Lets just say it was a BAD day and my meds weren't working. Onward... in March we have to make "the big decision" I thought I'd be more stressed about it when March approached but I'm not. The Army is starting to make our decision easier... Its getting really dumb, really fast. So stay tuned for a big announcement in March.
Issac has become quite the little artist lately. He really enjoys coloring. His specialty is crabs. I have no idea where it came from but he just started drawing crabs. I signed him up for Preschool, our old Primary President does it in her house and she is amazingly sweet. I called to get info and she had ONE spot left. She doesn't advertise and has a wait list, lucky me got the last spot! He starts that in August and it follows the school year. He'll be doing 2 years since he misses the kindergarten deadline by 3 days. Lame, BUT I'd rather him be the oldest in his class then the youngest. He's beyond excited to start preschool, he talks about it every day. I also signed him up for T-ball. That starts in April and goes until June. Practice once a week and games on Saturdays. Cant wait! He has already got quite an arm! Everyone is always so impressed with how well he can throw and catch. Maybe he'll go to the Little League World series like Daddy! Maybe one up and him and go THREE times instead of two ;) Or maybe earn his way through college and play ball. {For those that didn't know Donavon went to the Little League World Series TWICE as a teenager, they got 2nd the first year and played teams from all over the world, the second year he injured his elbow really bad, but still managed to play on a college team in Virginia when he was in school back there}. Issac is so excited, and two other boys from our street are going to play as well! It will be so fun! He's getting so big!!! He'll be 3 and a HALF in March. Oh my goodness. We have been enjoying some snuggles lately. When sissy goes night night we snuggle up on the coach and watch cartoons. The other day he told me he missed snuggling me, we used to snuggle A LOT before Katie came. He's such a sweetie!
As for Miss Katie.... oh boy. She is B.U.S.Y. She's figured out the stairs and the second you look away she bolts for them. She can crawl super fast, and gets into EVERYTHING. Garbage, crayons, food, anything and everything. She loves ripping up books and magazines, I'll be amazed if our books survive the year. I keep trying to teach Issac that he has to keep that stuff up and away from her but he forgets. She is trying to walk, she can get around really well holding onto things and now she will walk next to you holding your hand. Just not on her own yet. She's still teeny tiny, although out of frustration that her 9 month winter clothes were sitting untouched in her closet I got them out and washed them. She's wearing them but they are pretty big. She's still in 6 month clothing and even some 3-6 month. Good thing she turns ONE next month!!! She is a sassy little thing! Also within the last month she has become quite snuggly. She never liked snuggling, but she will now. I love it. She is the cutest little thing ever. Oh and she still HATES the dog. When Donavon gets home from work and opens the garage, he barks and even though he's outside in the garage contained she panics and crawls to me as fast as she can whimpering and scared to death.
Ok well I better go hurry and shower before Little Sister wakes up. Have to take the dog to the vet this afternoon... I dont even want to think about it... Cha-ching. Vets are so expensive!!! $45 just to SEE the vet. Then of course he's got a weird lump on his elbow, and a hairless raw looking spot on his arm.... UGH. You know there will be tests with that! NOT FUN.
I can do this right? I can blog... I CAN get back into it right!?
1 comment:
I know the feeling exactly! I go through phases where I just don't feel like it. I did decide recently that I need to make a book of each year that I have blogged and decided that i need to get 2011 caught up. I also decided that the purpose of my blog is to record my families lives, like a family history, and that I am going to write solely for that purpose. If others read, great, but I am not going to filter or write for any other audience except my own little family. I got rid of our code names and even have added some stuff that I wouldn't put if I was writing to share with others...for some reason that has helped me get going a little! I also figured out how to do it from my phone as well and that might help too! Anywyas, I know exactly where you are coming from...I have been there and are kinda still there! xxoo
ps it does help me a little if i have a certain type of post i do at certain times...like my top ten for the month. just a thought! have fun with your parents in town! xxoo
Post a Comment