So for the last few months I've just not been feeling myself. Come January I was thinking to myself OK, this Concerta that is for my ADD that normally gives me some pep and motivation and focus is NOT working anymore. I slowly felt like I was being swallowed up by life. Accomplishing the simplest of tasks was becoming Mt. Everest. Taking Katie upstairs to change her diaper wiped me out and I had to sit down to recoup. Showering? I had to lay down after every shower to rest, sometimes falling asleep if Donavon was home and watching the kids. Then it turned into headaches and nausea too. About a week and a half ago I finally had enough. I went to the Dr and he took some blood. I thought for sure it would be "nope everything is fine, you have two young kids!" That's what I got last year after I had Katie and my blood work was fine.
So when I saw that my Dr had called and left me a message I was like great, here comes the pep talk of 'suck it up sister'. My jaw dropped... WHAT?! Something IS wrong?? While I wrapped my brain around it he kept going on and on about all the abnormal results then finally I was like OK... feel free to STOP??
Results? Epstein-Barr, very low Vitamin D annnnd.... my thyroid is totally whacked. All three cause extreme fatigue. Ha. Well, I guess I'm not a pathetic Mom/Wife after all. I booked an appointment the next day. I was serious about getting this fixed. Unfortunately Epstein-Barr can't be fixed, and I didn't have Mono, however the side effects are the exact same, but you do have to have Epstein-Barr to have Mono. Results showed I have had it a good 6 weeks if not months. My guess is I got it around Thanksgiving time. Good news, as of this week I am feeling alive again. You have no idea how wonderful it feels to NOT be utterly exhausted 100% of the time even if you got 15 hours of sleep. OK not 15, but 10, a good 10. My house was a bomb.
As for the thyroid, the Dr said come back in 4 weeks for another blood draw. He thinks the Epstein-Barr may be the culprit and thrown it out of whack. He said he wants my thyroid to prove itself that there really is a problem before he discusses any treatment. So blood draws every 4 weeks it is until it acts normal or totally tanks and then I start more drugs. I also mentioned my IBS had been flaring up and low and behold my thyroid is to blame for that. Usually my pills solve that problem but they haven't been lately. As for my lump in my throat, at least that has calmed down a bit. However I am feeling heartburn every once and awhile and more acid 'washes up' more frequently. I prefer the 'silent' reflux... heartburn sucks! I sure hope it doesn't turn into the type every one has... I like to be special with my silent reflux, ignorance is bliss with heartburn! Wouldn't you prefer not to feel it?
So, today, feeling alive and all I pulled all the dead things in the backyard and weeds. A task that normally would have taken me 3 months, I did it in 2 hours. It might have helped that it was 70 and sunny. Always helps, and hey, I worked on my Vitamin D intake while I did it! Bonus!
I feel like a new woman this week. Seriously after MONTHS of always feeling like I was about to fall asleep I feel "rested". I woke up at 6am the other day and didn't want to crawl in a dark hole.
So maybe with this I'll find some new motivation for blogging? I hope so! I want to incorporate my facebook and iPhone into it. I'm not sure if I should pick a day and do "facebook Friday" or "iPhone Friday" or something. I have SO many pictures on my phone its ridiculous. A 16GB phone with 200 songs and 80 apps and its MAXED out, all because of photos I've taken with it. Haha... whoops.
I also failed to mention in the last update post that I totally bushwhacked my hair. Yup, its gone. I was sick of Katie pulling it all the time. I have little curls at the corners of my hairline on my forehead, by my ears and the nape of my neck, all because she's pulled so much out and now its trying to regrow. Awesome. I'll try to post some pictures from my phone.
Well, its off to bed. Stay tuned for Katie's 1st Birthday!!! NEXT WEEK!!!! NO WAY!!! {We did her party last weekend when my parents were in town, I need to upload the pictures and edit them.}
No comments:
Post a Comment