Saturday, February 9, 2013

D.O.N.E!

Disclaimer: I wrote this on January 23.... I totally spaced it and thought it was done and scheduled to post, and I straight up forgot that I had to fix the photos first. Whoops! You know you are a bad blogger when you type in your blog address and your browser doesn't automatically pull it up for you as a option, you have to type out the whole address.

So I know I have some serious catching up to do, and it will get done. Promise. Because my friends starting Friday we are on 82 days of "vacation"!!!! {errr... January 25th...}

Donavon flew out to Fort Carson again today to finish up his out processing. Uhm yeah, we are done! Stick a fork in us! Today was his last day in the office and he wasn't even there long because the Station Commander told him to leave, and we took him to the airport.

Let me tell you, saying goodbye to the worlds most annoying cell phone wasn't hard. That sucker rings all times of the day. It was super loud and obnoxious! 4am? Sure! Lets call that recruiter and see what he thinks about me joining the Army?! 11:45pm? It's not like my recruiter sleeps, I bet he's out cruising for ladies like me!

 {cleaned out his desk!}



If you are lost in the sauce refer to this post The Decision. The time has come my friends.

So what next?! Vacation! Literally! We are headed to Seattle for a trip, it's been 16 months since I have been home. After that its survival mode and we'll try our hardest to not kill each other. Donavon struggles being home for just a long weekend, he gets bored. It's not field trips out and grand adventures every day in mommy land! He's hoping to get a temp job for some extra money and to just get him out of the house, we'll see.

I on the other hand have plans. Big plans. First up is a kitchen "remodel". I've never liked my cabinets so I'm refinishing them. Ya I know, house isn't even 3 years old. We have dark cabinets and I've always wanted whites ones, but it wasn't a builder choice unless you spent a ton of money, if I remember right $7k. On top of that we're putting in under cabinet lights, pendant lights and some sort of back splash. I have faith in my talents, as does Donavon. Remember this baby? Extreme DIY?  And what better time to do it than when I've got a built in permanent babysitter?

Although my plans are conditional.... To someone getting a new job. Minor detail eh?

He's applied for 2 jobs with the Utah National Guard for a Recruiter, which is an active job, meaning not just 1 weekend a month, it's full time, he's 'activated'. So same pay, same benefits, same housing etc, as we currently have. Both jobs he was told he was top choice but since he can't start until mid April they had to pick someone else. Bummer. He can't start working for them until his Army contract is up, hence the 82 days of vacation he has to use. He will get one, I know he will. They told him to not stop applying for them because they want him, the timing just has to be perfect. Hopefully sooner than later!!!

Especially since we saved all that vacation time thinking we could cash it out, then Uncle Sam went and changed the rules on us. He can't transfer it over either. So it would be nice to take a vacation or two when he's off, and at least one before Katie turns 2 in March!!! On the idea list is San Diego and/or Appomattox, Va to see our friend/ "Dad" as Donavon calls him. It would be awesome to do both!

So when he gets back he'll be signed up for the National Guard, they'll just do a direct transfer over.  (Only as a weekend warrior though, in his MOS as a combat medic). Hence the whole applying for jobs.In the mean time I have 2 kids who need to get in bed, so stay tuned for many future posts! You can expect posts on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Grandpa's wedding and our new Grandma, and new Aunts, Uncles & cousins too! Then of course just other stuff we've kept you in the dark about! Excited? What's a post without pictures right? Snooze fest.

{Katie finally at 23 months fits into her 12 month old jeans!}

{Latest development.... she went from extreme hate to love for this beast}

{"Little old lady Katie" as Daddy calls her after her baths. She thinks its so funny!}

{Issac hates his picture taken, this was a rare occasion of 'take a picture of me mom!'}


{Kicking off vacation.... oh boy....}

Stay tuned for more! I just put Christmas pictures on the computer to edit!







No comments: