Monday, November 19, 2012

More sad news

I really should be preparing for everything going on this week but I think its more important that I stop and share something with all of you.

Tragedy has struck again. If you watch the news at all you should have heard about a terrible accident involving a parade float and a train in Midland, Texas last week. It has been all over National News.

It was Thursday night, I was hurrying to finish up a few things on the computer. I checked Facebook one last time before logging off. There is was. A post from a friend that I caught myself rereading a couple times. I had to make sure I was reading it right.

I ran across the house and flipped on the lights in our bedroom waking up Donavon. "Daylyn just posted on Facebook that Josh is gone, he died!" He immediately sat up and said "but I was just on Facebook I didn't see anything".

I went back to the computer looking for answers. How? When? I went to his Facebook page and someone had posted a link. I had been so busy that day that I hadn't stopped and read the news at all, something I do regularly. I read the article as Donavon stood behind me. It was unreal, horrifyingly unreal.



My heart aches for Daylyn and their kids Ryan and Maci. I wish there was something I could do to ease their pain. I cant even imagine what they are going through, not to mention how sudden and tragic this accident was.

So please, this week as you are probably thinking of things you are grateful for, think of them, and pray for them. Try not to take things for granted, because you don't know when your time is up, nor your loved ones. Your life can literally change in the blink of an eye and your world comes crashing down on you.

Although I only got to meet them once I am grateful for them in many ways. They took Donavon in as a single soldier while he was at Ft. Campbell and have given him many great memories, and probably eased the pain of not having his own family close by; and although I didn't know them too well, they were great examples to me via Facebook of a perfect husband and wife.

You can read a bio of that he recently wrote of himself - I am assuming for the event that he was en route to and the reason he was on the float in the first place. Sgt. Joshua Michael Bio

 

If you would like to donate or learn more about him go here http://www.sgtjoshuamichael.com/

No comments: