Tuesday, August 26, 2008

38 weeks down, 2 to go (maybe)

I had a Doctor appointment last Friday morning, still only 1cm dialated.... BUT I'm now 80% effaced. So some progress. I go again on Thursday afternoon (8-28). We are hoping to see more progress or momma aint gonna be happy.


So far things have been going pretty good - I had a body part stuck in my ribs a few weeks ago for an entire week. The slightest movement hurt so bad, I faught back the tears all week. It was a rough week! I seriously thought I had shattered some ribs in there! He eventually moved down and I've been good to go since. For the most part. My sciaticia has been acting up and has been giving me grief, but to be honest its been an ongoing problem since my car accident in what 2001? 2002? So I'm kinda used to it. Not so much to the leg giving out and almost falling over though.

We're hanging in there. I think mostly everything is ready for the big day. I havent really 'nested' yet. I keep waiting for my burst of energy but its not coming.... But hey, I will enjoy sleeping in until 10-11am every day while I can. It might take me 2 days to clean a bathroom, but it gets done! Thats all that matters! Hopefully we will be able to meet our little man soon. We're both getting very anxious and excited!!

My parents are coming down this Friday in hopes that I go into labor early and they can be here to catch it. I'm not so sure what Issac has planned though. Hopefully not 2 weeks late!

Here is a not so attractive picture of me at 38 weeks.... I'm relaxing after church last Sunday watching the Olympics. I dont think Donavon could get a job at Glamour Shots thats for sure. (None of the pictures he took were attractive at all, made me think maybe I'm just fat and ugly these days! So they are small for a reason, and please dont look too closely!)


5 comments:

Katrina said...

So, what's the word from the doc today?? I think every woman thinks they are looking pretty fat and ugly by 38 weeks. You look good, I think, and considering your petite frame, you could be a lot bigger than you are! I think I will try to call you sometime tonight...we have good news about Keith (you've probably alrady heard :)

Kristine said...

You look great! I love it. I am so excited for you.

Meagan said...

I know that no matter how many times people tell you that you look great when you're 38 weeks prego, you never believe them...but, really...YOU DO!! I love the new blog template too and am anxious to hear what your doc said this week...

Becky said...

Hey Eleasa,
It's your NJ stalker:) Thought I'd drop in and see if you had your baby yet! I think I'm due a week or so after you are, and yeah I feel pretty much whale-like. But I think you look good ! Good luck with the birth, I hope everything goes well.

Danielle said...

Um...so I'm just waiting and waiting for you to get about a thousand pictures up here of that adorable baby boy!