Thursday, April 23, 2009

Seattle Visitation - a month late.

Well, as I promised; once we get a new computer I will blog. You might be sorry because I will be going blog crazy the next few days.

First and foremost, I will start with the "first" blog. Back in March/April we took a trip up to see my family in Seattle for a few days.

We spent a few days out in Sequim, WA with my Grandma so that we could spend some time with her and Donavon could see some of the beautiful sights before its too late and she flies the coop to Utah. We really enjoyed our quiet time out in Sequim. We drove out to see the Hoh Rainforest near Forks, WA. We also drove down to La Push since we were so close as well, and drove along the edge of Crescent Lake. It is so beautiful out there, especially that Rainforest. I bet a lot of you didnt know Washington has Rainforests! The moss is so beautiful and soft!

After a few days in Sequim we went back to Seattle with my Grandma and stopped by to see Grandpa Carl, it was a really cold and nasty day so me and Grandma made a quick visit and apologized to Grandpa it was so quick, but we were able to drop off some spring flowers for him, even though it was about to snow! I'm sure he was looking down and understanding of our quick visit!

While we were at my parents house Donavon was able to teach my family a few lessons in throwing on the wheel. My Aunt Julie gave my mom her potters wheel since she wasnt using it. For those of you who dont know Donavon very well, he is a master at it. All through high school he worked hard at it and then again in college. He has some really beautiful pieces but the thing is, the ones he kept are his 'rejects'. He used to sell all of his work while he was in college. I forgot to take a picture of everyones final work of art, of course with the help of Donavon :)

The day we flew home was Donavon's 29th Birthday so we celebrated the night before with some GOOD Chinese food and some ice cream cake.

We didnt "do much" on this trip but if you view the video I have made you will see just all that we did. I could go on and on, but I have a lot more blogging to do, and well to be honest it was almost a month ago that we were there and all the details just arent that clear and 'fresh' anymore.

No comments: