Saturday, April 25, 2009

Issac's 1st Easter

Well awhile ago was Easter. We didnt forget I promise. I think this is the first Easter I've 'celebrated' since maybe 2002? Its not like I went out and bought myself an Easter basket while I was in college and had an egg hunt or anything. At least now that I have a child holidays seem more exciting.
The day before Easter we bought a carpet remnant. We had a hand-me-down carpet and it was getting NASTY and I refused to put Issac on it. I used beach towels to put him down and I'll admit I was dreading the crawling phase because he'd be all over it. I've been looking forever but it was going to cost us between $400-$600, just for a freaking remnant! We stopped at Home Depot in Tooele and they had one that was the perfect size and he knocked it down to .37 cents/sqft. So we paid a whole whopping $90. So on Easter we had to go pick it up and empty our family room and take out the nasty stuff then install the new and then put all the furniture back. FUN TIMES!
It was well worth it though because now my baby boy can play on the ground and not come down with some disease and I can walk around barefoot!

For Easter dinner the Sergeant Major invited us over for dinner. His wife was visiting Dugway for the 1st time with their youngest son. She is supposed to be my 'go-to' person, but she lives in Alabama so it doesnt really work. He wanted me to meet her and pick her brain so we got a special invite for dinner. (none of the other soldiers got an invite, I feel uber special). Later in the week all the soldiers and their families went to 'the club' for pizza and got the chance to meet her. A very nice woman, and definitely knows the military. I think he's been in 23 years? Somewhere around there; but after 20 years you become a pro I hear.

So there you have it, Issac got carpet in his Easter basket, I ate all the candy and it didnt even make it into the eggs, and Donavon got to install the carpet. I'd say he got the raw end of the deal.

Oh and Issac sat in the grass for the 1st time. I took him outside to take a couple pictures and he wouldnt look at me and then I realized, he's never touched the grass! No wonder!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

he looks so handsome in his easter outfit! what a cute kid. He's growing up so fast! Holidays must be so fun being a mom!

Katrina said...

I like his "little man" outfit!