We went Sunday afternoon and it looked like this....

And today I went for our 4-way walk through with the Superintendent for the builder and it looked like this.....
Crazy!!! It's amazing how much work they can get done in so little time! The roofer was there, finishing the roof, the masonry guys were there and were pretty much done with the brick, the insulation guys were finishing up the basement and the rest of the house was already insulated. NONE of that was done on Sunday. It was utter mayhem around there! The meeting lasted an hour and we went through EVERYTHING imaginable. All the wiring, all the HVAC, all the plumbing, the structure of the home, future finishes, etc. You name it, we discussed it. Issac was a good boy. I didn't think it would be so long so I took him.... it was an hour long. Sorry Issac! He enjoyed walking through walls though.
Seriously, you have no idea how excited I am today. Its coming along so fast! Drywall is going up on Thursday, Stucco is going up next week. Its just crazy. Adam (the Super) said he hates giving people dates but he thinks we'll be in by the end of the Month (February). Our date for right now is "March 5" (my Dad's birthday!), but hopefully sooner! Sooner the better!!
But seriously, you cant tell me that's amazing.... Donavon was just telling me how it took his parents over a year from start to finish to move into their house. Slow builder!!!
Sorry for the bad pictures, the first is a iphone pic since I didn't have a REAL camera. I had to send it back to the manufacturer to be replaced since the buttons got 'sticky' and stopped functioning and it had nothing to do with a small child. Today we got a camera in the mail! However with the craziness of the street I couldn't really get a good shot without risking my life and diving in front of monster machinery digging holes and dumping cement.
You can blame the lack of posts on the lack of a camera for 2 weeks.
We're off to Seattle on Friday!!! Woohoo! Poor Donavon has to stay home and work. Boo!
1 comment:
that is so exciting to see your house nearing completion. i cant wait to see it finished.
have fun in seattle. i miss it baad!
Post a Comment