Wednesday, March 17, 2010

31 days later....

Talk about torture. That was the longest month of my life. Not only because I didnt have the internet, but everything else that happened. I'll do my best to fill you in but its going to be pretty lame. I usually snap lots of pictures and when I blog I go through them to help jog my memory; but I havent had a camera for 3 1/2 weeks. Before that I only had it for 2 weeks and it was gone for 2 weeks prior.

Atlas, we have internet and a camera. However my memory card is FULL, yup all 16gb's of it. I need to unpack and set up our external hard drive and clear out my card so I can get to snapping again. As I'm sure you're just dying to see pictures of the place right? I havent taken any. I'll get on it this weekend after Donavon helps me out.

So lets start with buying a house. Ugh. What a pain in the you know what. If I didnt get a house out of it I wouldnt have done it. We had some big issues with paper work and our closing date got pushed back a day at a time for a week. VA loans have a lot more paper work to go with them and I got the impression our lender wasnt too savvy with it all. So all said and done, we signed our life away and were awaiting the keys. Moving truck in the driveway already, partially loaded with major appliances. Phone call comes... the lender didnt like that Donavon signed his dates 2010/03/05 (YYYY/MM/DD) and I signed mine 5/3/10 (DD/MM/YY). So they decided they werent going to fund it until Monday. Major disappointment. Take the Uhaul back (-$80) and sit on our duffs all weekend and lick our wounds. Only positive aspect is my brother Ryan and his wife Stevie were in town so we got to spend more time with them, although they didnt get to stay in our new house... sorry guys!

Ok so Monday came along and I was a stress case again. Noon came and went and I found out the money had been wired to the title company and to go get the keys at 3pm!!! I loaded up Issac babes and we went running on down to pick up our keys!

Oh wait.... flashback... a painful one, a must tell. Issac had been exceptionally fussy and we figured it was from cutting 4 teeth. Well that Monday morning I gave him a strawberry pediasure since he hadnt eaten or hardly drank anything in 3 days. He drank it happily. He slept in that morning but within an hour and a half he was really cranky and acting tired so I took him upstairs to read him a story and rock him and feel him out if he wanted to go back to bed. HA. Here it comes. The pink vomit that is. So I sit down and he arches way back and is screaming and then like Old Faithful, the gyeser of pink pediasure errupts all over him, me, the glider and the carpet! OH YUCK. I stand up and plop him on his changing table to strip him down and the second he lays down.... erruption number two happens. this time it was WAY MORE and it went straight up, then back down and splashed in his face. Yup he had pink vomit puddling up on his face. Ugh. Seriously?! Poor kiddo. So by this time, I'm covered head to toe (yup I had pink cottage cheese in my hair - and did I mention that I woke up really early to shower and get ready before he woke up?), the carpet was covered, he was covered, the changing table and dresser was covered, and all down the walls. It looked like the crime scene of an Easter Bunny murder. I called Donavon and said 'get home NOW'. That he did. The loving wife that I am, I cleaned up the vomit since I already stunk to high heaven while he bathed Issac, then watched him while I bathed again. Welcome to MOTHERHOOD!!!!! I hear your not a 'mother' until you've been puked on. Oh and for you future mommies or new mommies a word of advice I wish my mother had told me BEFORE this happened. If they puke once they will puke again within 90 seconds so move them to a hard surface area. Issac was back to normal by the end of the day.

Ugh. So vommitting aside. We got the keys to our place and I was deathly afraid he was going to spew in the car, especially since he was so hungry but the Dr's said no food. Pfff. he got some crackers so he wouldnt spew again. So when I got back Donavon's dad went with me to get the Uhaul and then the Noyes boys came over along with our old Dugway neighbors who just moved to Eagle Mountain. They loaded up that sucker pretty quick.

So with a PCS (Permanent Change of Station), when you do a DITY move (Do it yourself) you have to weigh your moving vehicle. So the closest certified scale was up by the airport. Yeah, nice and when they are charging you 69 cents/mile it sure adds up, oh and you have to weigh it empty AND full. However, when you submit your paperwork they will calculate the weight of your goods and the distance you moved (so Dugway to Eagle Mountain - even though it wasnt Dugway, that is where we PCS'd from) and pay you 90% of what it would have cost them to move you had you opted to have the Army move you. Sounds nice huh? You can make out like a bandit sometimes. However I was just informed they tax it 42%. Ouch. As long as they cover my costs I'll be fine, but we should get some extra.

So we got moved in, Donavon didnt get back until really late, like around 12:30 or 1:00 and I was wired so not much sleep happened for us. Donavon was back to work. Oh I forgot to mention, be begged for Friday off to move.... but we didnt move. So he was working like a dog all week, I swear he worked more hours than he ever has that week!

Things are slowly getting unpacked. I got my kitchen done in the first day. Wish I could say the same for other rooms but I've lost my productivity. Slowly but surely I'll get it done. I'm hoping this weekend we can get most of it done. There is still a lot in the garage that needs to come in and I cant lift it.

I will take some pictures this weekend, I promise. Too many other things have been top priority now that we have internet. Like finishing taxes, filling out forms so I can see a doctor (thats a whole nother post...) and getting up to speed on all my other online accounts, life insurance, bills, etc. All the while juggling who is coming when to install what - but that is over. I have internet, tv, and have 2 bids on the fence and bedroom furniture. (It looks great by the way!).

So anyways I better get going and get to some of my chores. I need to print some stuff off before I go to the post office. (PS - when you pack your house, tape the printer cords to the printer.... ours disappeared and I have yet to find it, so we had to go buy a new printer last night).

I wont keep you waiting much longer! Promise!

No comments: