Thursday, March 25, 2010

To finish the last post...

Ok so yesterday was kind of nuts on a crumb cake. I'll start off with the phone call I got from a friend in need. Our old neighbors from Dugway just moved to Eagle Mountain as well, she just started a job about a week or two ago and has the two kiddos in an at home daycare. This daycare provider is now in jail for strangling and using blunt force on her daugther, whom is in ICU and struggling to stay alive. Sketchy. At least thats what the news says, as far as what is real who knows. So obviously no more daycare there! Since they dont know anyone else in the area she wanted to know if I'd consider watching her kiddos when they have to work and make a little cash on the side.

Sure, why not? They have a little boy who I think is around 4? And a little girl who is not even 3 weeks younger than Issac. I see this as a great opportunity for Issac to learn and grow in the social area. He's a mommy monster and has major stranger danger, to the point its a little ridiculous. We've decided to give it a 1 month trial and see how I do, how the kiddos do, etc. and go from there. As for a schedule, his changes often and I guess hers does too so I wont have set days that I watch them, it will vary week by week. I start next week, but we'll hash things out this weekend. Wish me luck! PS - any suggestions for projects for the older boy would be great.

Yesterday evening an old friend of mine, Melissa Watts from Jr. High / High School came by to see us. I hadnt seen her in quite some time. It was great to catch up, she has been traveling alot for work in the summers and then here and there for other things. She still cracks me up and I love that about her! Its always nice seeing old friends!

As for more pictures of the house, I think I'm going to wait until things are really done. For now the video will just have to do. Sorry.

I've got a lot of blogging to catch up on... not to mention a lot of projects around the house that need to get done. Tonight is install all safety latches on cupboards so I dont pick up all my tupperware and pots and pans 100 times a day - soon to be 200 times a day with adding another 18month old to the mix. All the more reason to do it!

This weekends project is DIRT. We've rented a mini loader to grade our lot the way we want it and to help move the massive boulders in the backyard. We have a 3ft wide cache of boulders along our fence for 'drainage', that we must keep. However they are big, sharp, unfriendly rocks with a ton of debre in them and scream hide out for snakes and spiders. When I look at them all I can think about is ER visits for Issac. We are removing them and moving some to the front yard to create a rock wall to hold our dirt in the yard, and will replace them with smoother river rock, as for 3ft... doubtful. Thats a lot of space when you have a small yard. Hopefully there isnt a big learning curve on the mini loader and Donavon gets the hang of it quick. We're hoping to have all the top soil delivered too so its ready for sprinklers and sod by Easter. Pray for nice weather for us!!

Oh, and Issac is sick again. Nice. Somewhere he picked up another cold, or at least thats what I hope it is.

No comments: