An old neighbor I grew up with lives not to far away and has a little boy just a bit older than Issac and recommended Cookie Cutters (a hair salon for kids). We made an appointment and I held my breath, expecting nothing but the worst.
We waited for about 10 minutes or so, but since its for KIDS, Issac played on the playground they had. Once his name was called it was like he knew. He darted across the store and climbed up into a car before I could even ask where to go. I picked out a cartoon for him to watch and buckled him into his seat. I thought for sure he'd flip about the shall around him, nope. Weston, (the guy who cut his hair) grabbed the trimmer and went to town; and amazingly Issac didnt flinch at the buzzing sound nor really care that a STRANGER was touching him. He sat calmly in the car and watched Curious George and every once and awhile would wiggle.
I was so proud of my boy for 1. Not freaking out about a stranger getting close 2. Not freaking out about said stranger TOUCHING him 3. Not getting scared or even showing it and 4. Him being a BIG boy.
Now that he's got styling big kid hair he's ready for vacation!
I have to admit I'm kind of sad its not so long and lucious, when he'd snuggle me I'd always play with his hair and now its so short! Weston even said he didnt have your typical 'baby' hair, it was like grown man, adult hair.
Here are 2 pictures from the big event; I've been trying to get a picture of him this morning but he runs and hides in the pantry. Hey, if you want to lock yourself in the pantry then be willing to sit in there for awhile. Maybe he'll learn his lesson. The pantry is the new time out spot, per his request. I'd much rather make him sit in a chair but when the kid runs to the pantry and slams the door, whatever. He cant get out, cant get into anything so go for it. Sit in the dark pantry.
{ah, here we go, a picture after he messed up his hair}
Now, is it nap time yet? Someone is on one today, and its not me. He's driving me INSANE today. Terrible twos are definitely here. Tantrum anyone? He manages one every 10 minutes or so today. Awesome. I forsee him & the pantry becoming BFF today. Why the pantry? I'll never know.
2 comments:
He looks SOOO much older with his new haircut!! Looks great in green, btw, too! What a handsome boy. We take Alec to a place called Sports Clips in Eugene (because they don't have any cool kids cuts places)...he sits on bleachers waiting for his cut and then gets to watch sports on a tv in front of him while they do his hair (it's meant for older guys, but he loves it just as much!)...
Doesn't he look like a big boy and handsome too. Can't wait to see him in person!
Post a Comment