I'm such a slacker I know it. I keep thinking 'I really need to update the blog' but I find something else to do. That last post on Thanksgiving, yeah I wrote that about a month ago and never added pictures and posted it.
So lets do a little recap....
Issac
Issac has been enjoying the snow storms. Sort of. His little mittens soak up the snow more than anything and his little hands turn to ice cubes. Poor kid. Oh and he WONT wear a hat, or his big thick parka type coat. So don't you go judging me!
About a week after getting back from Seattle his 'big boy bed' arrived. Daddy got off early one day and picked it up. Mom the slacker hadn't purchased mattresses yet so off we went the next day. Issac's new bed has a trundle and we ended up getting a mattress for that too. After Daddy set it up Mommy realized it was really high up. Higher than their own bed. Hmmm. We have to pull the trundle out a foot and he uses that as stool because we cant find a stool tall enough.
{Heeyyy girl...}
{Grandma Joan bought Issac his bedding for Christmas. Pottery Barn 'Madras' bedding, LOVE IT! and it was on clearance!! Even better!}
{Think its big enough?}
The first night, no problems. He stayed in his bed and slept like a champ! From then on... not so lucky. A week into it we ended up getting door knob covers. Lasted ONE night. After we put him down about 2 minutes later we heard him come toddling in "Mom". What the heck kid. Escape artist figured it out. No amount of tape was keeping that cover on the door knob. Crap. After buying another type and wrapping it with packing tape he stays put. However from time to time he falls asleep on the floor after screaming it out.
We let him take the month of December and adjust to being a big kid. Every now and then he wanted to sleep in his crib but for the most part he did alright.
Today, New Years day; I made Donavon take down the crib and set it up in Baby Girl's room. So its official. Issac is no longer a baby; he's a big boy.
Random, but we promised him a REALLY good treat if he behaved when we were at the ball in Vegas. Costco shopping one night after work and Daddy saw this and threw it in the cart before I could even debate him. Probably didn't help I was chatting away with my mom on my cell phone either. Was definitely more than I wanted to spend on this REALLY good treat.
{It got a thumbs up!}
We still are doing the speech therapy. Although to be honest I'm not sure how well its working. Don't get me wrong, he's made a huge improvement but I feel like he would have made this improvement without it. Who knows. He is using a lot more words now and is putting them together; as well as mimicking sounds and phrases. Some of his words are Juice, Cheese, Shoes, Bone, Ball, Bowl, Mom, Daddy, Dees (for Diesel), Dog, Go (he tries to say ready, set, go), Oh, Uh-oh, Mine, Hi/Bye (sounds like Aye!) and pop (Popsicle). As well as barking like a dog, meowing like a cat, and mooing like a cow. I'm pretty happy with the improvement. I wish some of those words were more useful words but oh well. I'm sure Diesel thinks 'Bone' is pretty dang useful.
I keep telling him to enjoy these next few weeks because they are numbered my boy! Sissy is on her way and you're world is about to be turned upside down! I'm sure he'll be a great brother though. Occasionally he'll grab one of my baby dolls and hold it and kiss it, give it a sip of his sippy and tuck his blankies around it. Oh and one day he insisted I put his socks on it. Her feet must have been cold :)
He has also started a new thing. Throwing major fits for Daddy. Probably 3-6 times a day we have a melt down where he cries and cries for 'Daddy'. I cant figure it out. Only thing I can think of is he was gone for 8 weeks, came home then we went on a trip for over a week and Daddy was always there, then Daddy went back to work and maybe he is afraid Daddy isn't coming home? Let me tell you they get old real fast. There is nothing you can do to console the kid; sometimes a phone call to Daddy works but then when he has to go back to work it starts up. Sometimes they only last for 10 minutes, sometimes over an hour. My mother has had the privilege of listening to one, one day while we tried to chat on the phone. Utter despair. I call them 'Daily Daddy Fits' aka DDF's.
One last thing. Issac took a fascination with the 'Go Jesus it's your birthday shirt'. We got this at our family white elephant last year. While my parents where in town my Mom needed a bigger shirt than what I wear to pant my bathroom in. I offered her the Jesus shirt. I've been hanging onto it for a year, to throw it back in the pile. However between the time my Mom wore it and I could get rid of it, Issac insisted on wearing it a few times. Enjoy.
Donavon
Not much is new there... he's been on 1/2 day schedule for the last two weeks and its been pretty nice. With 4 day weekends. I think he's just about watched at least 30 of the 35 bowl games this season. Disgusting. And what is even more disgusting? That I knew there was 35 bowl games in the first place. He's had his big honey-do list and he's been a champ about getting it done for me. Not to mention he was quite the little house husband there for awhile. Doing the dishes, cleaning up after dinner, picking up the toys, changing all the diapers, doing the laundry. He has since slacked this week and I think he is trying to get me back into the 'mode' of do it yourself woman! Oh well, I really, really, REALLY enjoyed it. I know Issac has loved having Daddy home so much. The DDF's (Daily Daddy fits) have stopped. I fully expect them to come back with a vengeance come Tuesday.
Eleasa
Still pregnant. 28 weeks down, 11 more to go. Christmas was the 3rd trimester mark, not bad. Things are definitely getting awkward, uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Baby girl is getting very big that's for sure. She now likes to poke at my ribs. Her movements now are WHOA earthquake inside! She's a strong one! This morning I felt her hand or foot swirl around my belly button then swirl around up to my rib cage and follow the arch of my ribs all the way around. She's still nameless. I'll address that later in another post... maybe. Exhaustion has set back in. Hence the lack of posting.
When I do have energy its focused on getting this house into shape for Baby Girl's arrival. I have a huge master list and its slowly dwindling. I have officially cleaned out Issac's room, washed and put away all his too small clothes, organized his closet, taken down his baby stuff and gotten out all of his baby things. Sorted through all his baby things and got out the 'generic' baby items for Baby Girl. Cleaned out the disaster closet in Baby Girl's room. Posted several items for sale on KSL, 2 huge bags and a dresser for DI, and organized her closet for HER. Then I cleaned out our closet... I came out of there with 2 gigantic bags full of clothes, bags, purses, shoes etc. I'm sure my niece Carissa wont mind yet again! THEN Donavon took down the crib, and guest bed and moved them to their new locations and I am now piecing together those rooms again. As well as cleaned out all the toys in the house, and organized them more efficiently. Oh and somewhere in there I decorated for Christmas, and now I need to take it all back down. Blah. Oh and I shampooed the sofas and scotch guarded them. I was the first to spill after I lectured Donavon. Awesome. I went to get up and grabbed my cereal bowl and it dumped out. Thankfully my butt soaked most of it up.
Almost forgot, I cleaned out our bathroom too, cleaned out all the drawers and cupboards and reorganized it. I think that was Donavon's favorite part. I have had this make-up bag for years; in college I could take it to and from the bathroom and keep it in my room away from the thieves I lived with. Plus it was handy to just grab it for weekend trips. After we got married I kept it because there was NO WHERE to store anything in our Dugway place, and again we went to SLC every weekend so I never had to pack it up. We moved into our new house and I never ditched it. I never put it in the 'tower' as planned. It sat in the top drawer, thus not allowing said drawer to fully close. Lets just say we're lucky to be pregnant given that I left that drawer open as much as I did. You'd think he'd get used to it being open but never failed, he always rammed into it in the morning. So my friends. The drawer is closed, and my make up has a place in the drawer and the to-go tote, is put away.
Annnnd in my free time I've been sewing. Yup sewing. Made some cute burp cloths, and some bean bags for Issac to throw. Maybe next week I can get it back out and finish the rest of the burp cloths.
Next up? Get Baby Girl's room done - and finish up 'decorating' Issac's room.
So THAT is what I've been up to instead of blogging. Get 'er done. I'm so not ready for her!
Oh and we've all been pretty sick. We got a NASTY bug the week before Christmas and we're still hacking it out of our systems. The worst cold I've ever had. Sinus pressure like you wouldn't believe. Donavon never complains, ever. Nor takes medicine. He was whining and taking meds. The meds didn't even help him.
I'll get to a Christmas post soon. Hopefully today...
1 comment:
I am laughing right out loud about the Jesus shirt. Issac's recliner is hilarious! I think you've got some serious nesting going on. I was getting tired just reading that post. No wonder you're exhausted!
Post a Comment