Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Ya, ya it was like sooo last week.

Christmas Eve we spent with Donavon's parents. The family party was the Sunday before so there wasn't 32 of us this time around. Phew. Nice and low key. Donavon's mom made him a ham. Since I'm a horrible wife and wouldn't make him a ham for Christmas dinner. (Who likes ham anyway? Bleh). She also made a turkey and it was yummy!

Christmas day was pretty low key too. Issac woke up at 3am. He was insisting on watching cartoons in our bed but I knew if by chance I was dumb enough to turn them on, he would indeed NOT go back to sleep. I threw him back in his room and let him cry it out for a bit, and he fell back asleep until like 9?




Once he was up we got straight to business. He immediately was thrilled there was a basketball hoop in the living room and started playing ball with Dad. We kept asking him 'Do you want to open your other presents?' and we got 'uhmmm uh-uh'. We even handed him the presents and he put them right back under the tree. Seriously? Kill joy.



After some coercing we got him to open a few. I'm sure he was thinking 'wait so these cool toys where sitting under that tree this whole time?'. Yup, they were ;) He was really good about the tree too; never once made trouble with it or got up in it.



He got a basketball hoop, lots of matchbox cars, a carrying case for all those cars, a Disney Car's garage for the matchbox cars to race around and get fixed in, 4 movies (Pinocchio, Toy Story, Mary Poppins & Mater Tales), a giant dog he can ride and a music set. I think that was it. Mater tales the movie and the matchbox cars have been the biggest hit. Cars 2 comes out this summer - we're excited! I think by then he will be ready for his first trip to the movies! He LOVE LOVE LOVES Disney Car's and cars in general!











As for Donavon and I, we both agreed nothing but stocking stuffers and with that, nothing expensive either. Naturally Donavon broke the rule. "Issac" got me a gift card to hobby lobby, and a carrying case for my sewing machine.

Diesel got his usual, a dog bone. This time however it was a 'faulty' bone and crumbled real easy. Usually they will last forever. We woke up the next day to him pumping his stomach in our room at 5:30am. Donavon got him to the bathroom floor to spare the carpet in time. However on his way to get cleaning supplies he spotted 2 more piles downstairs. I guess that's the thanks we get for the bone! A week later Donavon ran it over with my car and it had to be tossed. Sorry.

{Diesel's licking his chops thinking 'ah yeah, its a bone I know it' while Issac tries to get it out of the dang stocking!}

{Diesel's possessed look}

Later that evening we had my Grandma, Aunt Julie & Uncle Jim come out for dinner. I made a roast beast w/ all the fixings and it was delicious! I haven't made one in ages! (Pot roast is so much easier). It was well worth the effort though. Nothing better than mashed potatoes, beef gravy, a slab of meat and some sparkling cider! That's the way to my heart ;) I just made myself hungry!

Overall it was a pretty good Christmas. I used to think Christmas got lame as you got older, but that's why you have to have kids! This year I really didn't 'want' anything. Yeah sure everyone loves presents but this year I really didn't want to spend the money that should be going towards other things instead and I was completely happy to watch Issac's excitement. Donavon's never been a big fan of Christmas, or presents in general so its not like he was opposed to the idea either.

Hope everyone else enjoyed their Christmas!



1 comment:

Katrina said...

I really think playing "Santa" to your kids is more fun than when we were kids and got all the presents ourselves. It's so fun, isn't it?