Monday, February 14, 2011

Heaven help us...

I've officially hit 8 months - 32 days until the "due date". I'm about 35 weeks and a few days.

I went to the Dr. last Friday and I am 1cm & 50% effaced and she's at at -3. I really wasn't expecting to have any progress, because I never did with Issac until I was about 2, maybe 3 weeks out. However since I've already been to labor & delivery once I'm a wee bit nervous.

The Dr. said 'I'd be happy if she makes it to the end of February'. I was just thinking he said that because then she would be considered full term - but then two days later I was thinking wait, he didn't say that because he thinks she's coming sooner did he!? After all he did say later in that appt too 'I know your ultrasound says the end of March and your dates say March 19, but she'll come when she's going to come'. Slightly panicked. I thought ok so I better get my butt in gear and at least have hospital bags ready.

Then BAM. Sick. Issac started getting sick a week ago. Then of course, I have to get it as well. I've literally felt like I've been on the brink of death. Completely miserable. Its hard enough to breath when you are 8 months pregnant but throw in the worlds worst cold and no medications and you have me. I honestly feel like I'm suffocating to death and gasping for air. Kind of like someone holding you under water and you REALLY need that breath! Its making me feel claustrophobic, big time - thus creating panic attacks, which if you've ever had one of those - it can create shortness of breath. I'm just a big mess. Head is pounding with outrageous pressure, ears are killing me, teeth hurt, jaw hurts, occasionally achy all over, throat burns, lips are cracked (inside & out!) and that's just the 'cold'. Don't get me started on pregnancy, random contractions, sciatic pain to the point I cant walk, etc. No biggie. Not to mention I'm sure Donavon loves waking up 100 times a night because I either have to pee, or blow my nose. Poor guy. Wait... poor guy? He has the immunity of super man. Screw that. POOR ME and Issac!!!

This whole being sick thing is getting old. I kid you not I have been sick probably every month in the last year. Cold, flu, you name it. Being pregnant, or 2 years old makes it that much worse. No medicine for you! I've tried just about everything under the sun and not much relief for either of us. I did take Issac to the Dr. today and they gave him a dose of a steroid for his cough and I have 1 dose to give him tomorrow. Dr. said if it gets worse or he gets a fever again to come back because then he'll be worried of a sinus infection or pneumonia. Oh, and this 'cold' that has been going around lasts for 4-6 weeks. AWESOME. So in the mean time I pray he doesnt puke again, and that his fever stays away and he gets better so the poor kid can sleep!

I tried really hard on Saturday to clean house. I'm going stir crazy, and the house is a bomb. By the time nap time rolled around my body was screaming at me to stop NOW! Or maybe it was baby girl. Either way I knew I had to go lay down or I could seriously risk pushing myself too far and end up in labor & delivery again. I was hurting bad. Since then I've been trying to just lay low, take it easy. Let my body heal, I need to be healthy for when the baby comes and pushing myself wont get me healthier, just sicker. Its driving me insane. I have so many things that need to be done but I don't dare. Especially things that involve baby prep. I'm paranoid if my sick germs touch her things she'll get it later!

I'm praying this really doesn't last 4-6 weeks. For one, I don't want us sick when she arrives. Two, I don't want to be sick and in labor. Three, it just sucks being sick. If Donavon is going to get this he better hurry it up!

Here is a laugh for ya - my appetite is slowly coming back so I wanted to make some instant breakfast. My milk had the date of Feb 12th on it. Hmmm 2 days ago. Sometimes it lasts, sometimes it doesn't. I cant smell anything. Literally cant smell ANYTHING, not even a hint of anything! And well, I cant taste anything either!! What does one do? I thought about drinking it anyway, but then thought about food poisoning on top of all this. No way. I settled with Issac's 2% (YUCK). You forget how much you rely on your senses!!

So all I want for Valentines day is for me and Issac to get better!!!! (and preferably not get sick for another 6 months! Can't we catch a break?!)

PS- Happy Valentines Day. No treats from us this year, unless you want a side of sicko & booger with it!

No comments: