Its a sure way to get your husband out of work for the day. But I don't necessarily recommend it. Not exactly my idea of fun.
I'll warn you right now, if you don't want details then don't read. No rainbows & unicorns today folks.
So I had a rough night sleeping, constantly uncomfortable, needing to pee (what else is new), and really hot. I kept feeling damp down under and thought oh geeze I probably have a leaky bladder, embarrassing! Well I woke up for the day, took care of business and my situation and then BAM, wet. Again. This went on for about 30 min... Dry.... wet.... dry? WET. I kind of felt like my water might be leaking. With Issac my water broke, a small gush, then it trickled all day. Felt very similar. Great...
Called the Dr, they said go to L&D to get checked. Donavon came home, we went. By the time we were getting out the door I really started to feel crampy and bad. Panic mode set it. I'm soooo NOT ready for this!!! I don't have all the clothes washed, her room looks like a bomb went off, I don't have a hospital bag packed, both SD cards for the camera are FULL, I don't even know where the camera is! I mean NOTHING is ready. SHE'S not ready.
We got there and after about an hour of questions they finally got me on a monitor and started that while they hunted for our favorite metal friend. The nurse finally gathered up all her materials and Donavon & Issac took off. No need to scar a young boy for life. That and he was really concerned and tense with her just taking my blood pressure and vitals. Off they went and here we go. I wont go into details but lets just say our metal friend was not pleasant (is it ever?) but anything other than YOU will contaminate the tests. OUCH. I'm pretty used to exams due to a whole 'nother bag of fun causing me to have them every 6 months but this was right up there w/ a biopsy.
2 hours and the tests will be back. TWO hours. What am I going to do?! We watched Sesame Street and played on our iphones. Oh and played car wrecks w/ Issac.
Initial amniotic fluid test was negative, internal was positive. Fetal fibronectin test, negative. However while waiting I read up on them online and a positive internal amniotic test can be false due to contamination of other yuck in there. A third was done and it was negative.
Contractions kept on going, I never felt 90% of them but towards the end I started to. She was wiggling around like crazy too.
They kept asking me 'are you sure you dont have UTI symptoms?' I finally said ok, so did the test turn up that I had one or what? It showed the beginnings of one so I guess if I get symptoms I DO have one and I'll need to call my Dr for meds later.
End of the story. I got discharged, told to get some rest, drink lots and if my contractions get worse or I have a gush of water to come back.
I'm starting to wonder if maybe any of this has correlation to her resting on my kidneys too? I did have wicked contractions a couple weeks ago, but they went away after a couple hours. Also pain in my upper back that was pretty random. Dr. said that was her resting on the tubes that drain my kidneys, backing up the fluid and causing pain. Don't let it get too painful because it could be a kidney infection. Pfff.
Girls are high maintenance! Issac was a breeeeeze!
Needless to say I've taken my warning and I will be getting my butt in gear this week and next. I will not be unprepared.
So that was my FUN morning. What did you do?
Oh and PS - My sister inlaw is due on FRIDAY, lets just say I think she was pretty peeved I was the one in L&D and not her! I couldn't agree more! I called my Mom this morning and said uhmmm someone is going to the hospital and its the one you don't want going! SO, if you want to send labor vibes, send them to her NOT me!
I will get caught up blogging one day. But really nothing exciting has been going on....
No comments:
Post a Comment