Nap times are fading quickly. I'm ok with it, as long as he's not majorly grumpy. If he's going to whine and be a pain in the... then off to bed you go! If you are going to play nice and let me get things done, fine stay up. Although I'm noticing when I let him stay up, if he sits down to watch TV this happens every time...
...and then when he wakes up. WATCH. OUT. A royal pain in the you know what. Ugh. Its horrible. Whining, whimpering, hitting, kicking, screaming, throwing, head banging, nothing pleases him. However, like today, I can put him in his room and he wont take a nap right away. He'll kick the walls for 2 hours first, then around 4:30 or 5 he'll finally fall asleep, wanting to sleep his 3 hours, but he cant. Bed time is at 9, you cant sleep until 7 or 8. And well... the vicious cycle begins. The kicking the walls is REALLY obnoxious, and loud.
As for other things Mister Issac is up to. Prank dialing. Yes, he's figured out how to make calls. Unfortunately for Daddy he gets 99% of them. He called Daddy over 25 times the other day. I'm sure he just LOVED that while he was at work. I'm noticing now that when I call, for a legit reason he doesn't answer. Awesome. So if you get a call from my cell and its him, I'm sorry. Humor him and talk with him. He loves to talk on the phone. If he hangs up sorry! Simple solution, hide the phone right? Wrong. He finds it, and he can throw some huge tantrums over it, because he wants to play games on it, or listen to music.
That's another thing, he loves music. Now instead of watching movies all the time he flips out until you put on some tunes. We've been rocking Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green, The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, and a few others. he can definitely keep rhythm.
Vocabulary? Exploded. His speech therapy is down to once a month, with each specialist instead of twice with one and once with the other. He'll be evaluated the end of July and then we'll find out if he still qualifies and if so then he'll be doing preschool in the fall at the elementary. If not, I'll be finding one on my own. To be honest there isn't a word he wont attempt. I need to get him in and have an extensive hearing test done. Two of Doavon's brothers had hearing issues. Everything came up perfect on a regular screening, but more in depth tests showed they heard certain sounds different, thus causing speech problems. He will repeat after me for an entire sentence or two. For example he enjoys talking on the phone, Grandmas & Grandpas are always happy to chat with him so we call them often. I called my parents the other night and left them a voicemail, he repeated quite a bit. Something along the lines of 'hi grandma, hi papa, I'm coming on a plane to see you soon love you bye'. Grandma is "gain-ma" Papa is "pop pop". I'm really happy with all the progress he's had. I'm glad I didn't sit around and I was proactive about it and got him the help early.
He is really loving nursery. He doesn't cry anymore when we drop him off, he socializes quite a bit and participates. When we pick him up he gets so excited to show us what he made then gives Jeremy a high five and tells the ladies good bye. Jeremy is one of the nursery leaders and for some reason all the kids LOVE him. When they cry? They all go to him for comfort. Its kind of funny. This last Sunday during Sacrament meeting he kept saying "poos, poos" I asked him if he needed to go sit on the potty. He wanted to so I sent Donavon off to the little potty in nursery. Came back, nothing. He starting freaking out again, tried again, nothing. And again... Every time he sat on the potty and tried. So its a start. I took him one more time and he wouldn't even sit on it for me. I think Daddy might be the one doing the potty training. I'm scared. I don't want to be cleaning pee up off the sofa and carpets, and poo out of undies. Ew. Gross. Any tips?
{Cowboy boots Aunt Julie bought him last year - still too big but when cousin Jack came he got them out and Issac is in love now. He loves to wear them!}
Oh almost forgot, he loves to wipe his boogers on you and lick you. Its disgusting. Pure disgusting. I was in Old Navy today and he wiped one down my leg. Thanks son, appreciate it.
2 comments:
I find it hard to believe that cute boy could possible throw a tantrum : ). He's a looker for sure!
Lol, "gain-ma," Remember when Austin used to call mom "Ghanee?"
Post a Comment