Saturday, June 4, 2011

The "oo-oo's and ah-ah's"

A few weeks ago it was Armed Forces Day. Hogle Zoo gave free admission to all Military members and their families. We headed out bright and early, stopped off at In-N-Out for some lunch and hit up the zoo. Why not? Its free, and its not like there is a Military base around so it shouldn't be too busy. Wrong. Utah has an exceptionally high Military force I guess you could say? Utahn's are patriotic, no doubt about that. So I guess you wouldn't be surprised to know there are a lot of "weekend warriors" as we call them. I'm sure they don't find the term nearly as endearing. And I always forget about Hill AFB, I guess we can include the chair force as part of the team. Just this once ;)

The line to get in wasn't too bad. I felt bad for the suckers saying "boy did we pick the wrong day to come to the zoo! It's packed!" I thought haha suckers you have to PAY, neener neener. Mature I know.

Issac loved it. Not so much the giant dinos throughout the zoo.

I have to say, Hogle Zoo is small compared to The Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. Very small. However, maybe due to its size, the enclosures for the animals are small too, thus you can get close to the. The giraffes? I was like 4ft away from it, if the thing really wanted to, it could have licked me. I'm very thankful it opted not to. Seattle zoo? You're lucky if you spot one out in the field 2 miles away.

Issac liked the monkeys the best, and I have to say he makes the cutest monkey impression. "oo-oo ah-ah" as he tickles his arm pits. Too cute.

We got to see the baby elephant too. She tried to fling nasty poo mud at us. Gross.



{Have you ever seen a Giraffe try to sit down? One word. Awkward!}


{Comfy? Hope so, it took 10 minutes}


{He HATES pictures these days}



{See how close? Bad picture but, a couple steps closer and he could eat me}


{The Giraffe is too scary}




1 comment:

Katrina said...

O.K. the giraffe trying to sit thing is cracking me up. Katie is so stinkin' cute. I think I told you this already, but she totally looks like she could be one of mine when she's sleeping.

Isaac is a crack up too. No way around it, potty training is just a messy business for awhile. I would do undies with plastic pants over the top (like the kind they use for cloth diapers). At least that saves a little on the carpet when they have accidents. Good thing you've got that carpet cleaner. Oh, and if the undies are too poopy, just throw them out!