Sunday, May 6, 2012

Birthday's & Easter

Whoops. I'm a lot further behind then I thought. I just plugged in the SD card from the camera and Easter anyone?
Better seize the moment. We came home early from church because Donavon was getting one of his 'new' migraines, Katie was getting fussy and I was shivering to death. Apparently someone thought it would be a great idea to set the thermostat for 40 degrees on a 50 degree day. So the AC was blowing in the Chapel the whole time. I was turning purple.

Anywho, I now have a perfect opportunity to get on it. Everyone is taking a Sunday nap. Minus me of course.
I know I blogged about Katie's birthday, but when the actual day came around we wanted to celebrate. Unfortunately Donavon was unable to leave work at a decent time so we could make it out for an evening outing with the kids. Typical Army power trip crap that day. So we postponed it for the Friday after. We took the kids to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. Now, I will say that growing up in Seattle, I was blessed with a fabulous Zoo & Aquarium. So needless to say my expectations were pretty low, especially considering that the Aquarium is in the old Albertson's grocery store. I was right. We got ripped off big time. It took maybe 30 minutes to walk through the place, and it was pretty lame. Oh well the kids enjoyed it so that's all that matters right? We just wont be going back until they finish building the new Aquarium, which by the pictures looks like it will be pretty cool. Lets hope.

 {Donavon & Issac in the Otter hole}

{Totally unrelated, but Missy Moo Moo is starting to get really messy while she eats. Strawberries anyone?}


Back in April Donavon had a birthday. He turned a crusty 32 this year. He'll probably tell you he feels 82. The saying that for every year you are in the Military adds 5 years to your body's age is pretty dang true unfortunately. So according to that rule he'd be 72. I'm sure if you asked him what was new with him he'd say the same ol same crap, just working.


{A year ago, just for fun! My how they grow!}


{Enjoying birthday cake with Daddy. She's a Daddy's girl!}

For Easter we went up to Donavon's parents place on Saturday and the kids got to do a Easter Egg hunt with some of the cousins. Its been awhile since the family was together, not that all of us where there, but I think Christmas may have been the last time a few of us were there at one time.





{owww the sun is too bright!}

On Easter Sunday we got up and got ready for Church. I was about to do the Easter stuff until everyone was ready. I could just see us rushing to get ready at the last second. I had been wanting to get Issac & Katie a sand & water table so the Easter Bunny was kind enough to go and pick one up for them. Along with a bubble gun, some sand toys, and a little people mini van.



After Issac did his Egg Hunt Katie went down for a quick nap and we took the sand & water table outside. Its a big hit. He loves playing in it, and Katie loves flinging sand around. Unfortunately I keep finding clumps of topsoil in the sand box and piles of sand in the lawn or flower beds. We had debated making a sand box under the swing set, but I decided I'd rather have the sand table. That way I'm not washing sand out of everyone's cracks all summer long. Another down side is that the sand gets tracked in the house. I could have sworn we lived at the beach the first week. Drove me nuts! Hopefully it will keep us entertained all summer long!


{This is the ONLY decent picture I got of the two. Bummer. She didnt want to sit still or next to him and he wanted nothing but to sit on the floor and eat candy!}

{Last year, definitely easier to take a picture then!}




No comments: