Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hey batter batter!

Its T-ball season!!! Issac just has his 2nd game yesterday {in the freeeeezing cold!} and he is really getting the hang of it! This kid is going to be playing it from here on out I can feel it! I signed him up forever ago and just like preschool, he was bugging me for months about it. The time has finally come and I'm so glad I signed him up!

All of his teammates are from out neighborhood so its a great way to meet other kids too! Not to mention sit and chat with the Mommies in the 'hood that I don't get to see as often!
Donavon didn't want to coach this year since his schedule is pretty crazy so he's just helping out. He said when Issac gets older and maybe work isn't to demanding he'll start coaching. Those two sure love baseball!
Issac caught 5 of the 24 balls in the game. He'd catch one... then the next one.. so Donavon would pull him back so someone else could catch one. Then he'd let Issac go and he'd catch the next one... then the next.. So he'd pull him back. Then Donavon let him go again, and he caught it again so he pulled him back again. I must say I'm impressed how focused he stays out there! I thought for sure he'd be camping out by me. At his first game his 3 girl friends next door came and he didn't try to play with them at all!
I've got to admit, I love watching Donavon help out, and Issac loves having Daddy out there helping too! He's always giving Daddy high 5's on the field! When he started doing his practices and his games I got a little emotional. You'd think he was starting school or something! I used to always think about 'oh when he gets older we'll we here and there on weekends' and he IS older! Ugh! Where has the time gone!? Where is my little baby?! He's getting to be a big boy now! Seriously, I really stopped and thought about it. He's 3 1/2, still pretty young right? But he starts preschool this fall {he'll do 2 years since we miss the deadline by 3 days... lame} and I'm sure he'll want to do soccer in the fall, he's already bugging us about football. He's not my little baby anymore! He's growing up too fast! Seriously though, how did this happen??

I got a little camera happy, but this is a big deal! This could be the start of a very big thing! I sound like one of those crazy Mom's who already has their kids professional careers mapped out huh? I wouldn't push it that far, but Daddy was a great baseball player so its in his DNA. Maybe we can at least get a free college education out of it? Haha!

I cant get over how handsome my little boy looks in his uniform! My goodness! He's going to be a ladies man! Look at that little stud muffin! I love him so much!

He's not a fan of the camera, and whenever I get it out he tends to freak out - but not when he's got his uniform on, he'll stop and pose for ya, and when he's on the field he's proud as ever to get his picture taken!

 {#16 Mr. Issac Strain - 1st practice!  The jersey is a wee bit large! Good thing he can use it over and over each year!}

{Practicing running to 1st base}


{Made it easy that Dad was at 1st base waiting!}


{So proud of himself! He came and gave Mom a high 5!}


{Our neighbor Cole helping Issac bat}

{Before his 1st game! My HANDSOME boy!}


{Ok, here we go! Up to bat at the 1st game! Dad is helping at home plate today!}

{Ok I made it to 1st base... Now what do I do?}

{Waiting to bat - He kept lifting his hat up. Antsy? Stressing?}

{The 3 Amigos of our street. Issac, Easton & Ashton}

{Thats my boy! Always ready!}

{Katie got into the team's equipment!}

{Running into home!}

{Ready to catch it!}





No comments: