Sunday, April 13, 2008

First time for everything

I've been craving pot roast lately but something always comes up and I never get to make one! FINALLY we were home for a Sunday - a WHOLE Sunday so I had time to make one. I was pretty leary because I've never made one and I wanted it to taste just like home. I did everything my mother told me to and it turned out pretty good! Actually - REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!! Sure I had to make a few "susie homemaker" phone calls as my dad puts it, but I'd say I did pretty dang good for my very first pot roast! MMMM it was soooo good. Totally hit the spot! I ate 4 potatoes (red potatoes) and a big hunk of meat. The gravy was delicious! I was worried since much liquid wasnt left but I added some bullion and water and it still had the sweetness from the carrots. Donavon said it was by far the best gravy he's ever had. :) He HATES roasts but he ate it up pretty quick! I made sure to make plenty for leftovers too! Ohhh sooo good. I just might have to go back into the kitchen and grab me some more tatters and gravy! I even ate 2 carrots! (well it probably added up to 1 full carrot) but that is a BIG step for me. I'm so proud of myself right now!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Mmmmm....I'm going to have to make a pot roast now that you said this!