Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Update

I realize it has been awhile since I last posted. Things have been busy around here since Donavon got back home from all his March extravaganzas. Where should I start...


Donavon graduated from his War Leaders Course (2 weeks). He also ran the Bataan Memorial Death March in White Sands, New Mexico. That march is a full marathon (26.2 miles) and the last stretch is in the sand. One of the hardest marathons you could ever do. He did it last year w/ a 35lb pack on his back and in full uniform. This year he opted to take the "comfy" way and did it in his regular clothes and running shoes. He finished 100 of 765 that where in his category, with a time of 4 hours 55 minutes. (pretty dang good for never training once right?) Other than that nothing else has been going on - oh he got his CWP, well almost. He took the class and just needs to send in the money and get his finger prints along w/ some other fun things. He is pretty bent out of shape for me making him clean up his "junk room" which will be the baby's room. I've been pestering him since we got married to clean it up and he hasnt. He was saying I was making him throw everything away! (I wasnt) Just if you havent used it in over a year, its broken, or parts are missing or you have no use for it then get rid of it!!! He has made alot of progress and I could tell it was stressing him out so I will let him break for the week - until next weekend when he is on call and cant leave the base :)




Diesel self nominated himself for another round of "puppy classes" while Daddy was gone. He was a bit much and at times quite the pill. He pushed Mom over the limit and she signed him up while dropping him off for a weekend "getaway" at the kennel. His classes started in April and are every Saturday afternoon for 6 weeks. This will hopefully be a good reminder for him to use his manners and behave himself. He gets a little too wound up sometimes and I'm afraid that once Baby Isaac comes that Diesel might accidently hurt him or scare him. (jumping on the bed, throwing REAL cow bones across the room, running race tracks through the house, barreling up the stairs undercutting you, jumping up, etc.) In this class he doesnt learn anything "new" but we reinforce everything he learned in the first class. By the end of the class he will take a test and if he passes he will become an AKC Good Citizen. (Lets hope). So far he is the most well behaved on in the class (Shocker, we know). He has to sit & stay for 2 minutes (off lead) and lay and stay for 5 minutes to pass, along with some other things.... we are really going to work with him!




As for myself nothing too terribly new. Still wondering if I'll have a job come May 1st.... The company I work, their contract w/ the gov't is up April 30th and they havent said anything about who is getting the new contract etc. Legally though we have to have 60 days to phase out so that is maybe June 30th that I'll be employed, after that who knows. The new company could pick me up but they dont have to - and word on the street is they are cutting wages along w/ jobs. Other than work, nothing else is really new. Baby is growing and we can now hear his heartbeat w/ a stethoscope and its fun to listen sometimes. I'm feeling more movement, some days anyways. We have another ultrasond on thursday and I start 19 weeks tomorrow! Almost half way done!! Wooohoo!!




This past weekend we did buy a crib. We looked around at a few places and we finally found one at USA Baby. They were having their trimester sale so we got it on sale. It is very good quality and very sturdy! hopefully it will last through all of our kiddies. That is one thing we definitely wanted, something that will stand up to thrashing and kicking. Maybe one day when we are rich and famous we can buy the rest of the collection - but we decided the kid needed a crib more than a dresser, right? I guess you could always have them sleep in one of the drawers right? :)

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Crib looks nice. It's fun to start getting stuff and setting it up, huh? Although I didn't have a crib for awhile with Austin, since hubby was adament that he was going to build one. After Austin outgrew the bassinet, he slept on a mattress on the floor, ghetto, I know, because Dad still hadn't finished the crib. Austin and I took a trip to Seattle, and I about threatened Keith that if that crib wasn't built when I got home it was going to be divorce. :) It got done.

Danielle said...

Wow, that marathon sounds like.....fun, wait, I mean torture. Good for him though.

He he he...baby stuff! So fun! How did the anti-clutter campaign go?

Gloria said...

I like the crib alot. Looks like Jorgen's only his black and is now folded into a toddler bed which he has fun getting out of on his own! Way to go ont he pot roast....good and once you have the knack easy meal. Issac is a handsome little guy!