I woke up and got myself and Issac ready to go, we had to go to Tooele to visit the WIC office and get our checks for the next 3 months and I needed to go to Walmart. Simple right?
I leave the house and start on my 50 mile trek to Tooele. On the way to Tooele there is a really twisty "gut wreching" pass that inevitably makes me sick, even if I'm the one driving. I get to the top of the pass and realize I left my wallet at home. CRAP. Well maybe if I call Donavon who is leaving for hunting, I can meet him off of I-80 on the east end of Tooele/Lake Point. Wait, good idea, however there is no cell service in the pass. Lovely. I finally get to Rush Valley and pull over, I keep calling Donavon and no answer. I think I called about 25 times. FINALLY he picks up. Turns out he left his gun in my car and was driving through the pass to meet me in Tooele for his gun and he see's me pulled over. Too late for him to grab my wallet obviously.
So I'm sure you are thinking, well just drive home and get it. Great idea, but you obviously dont frequent Dugway or any other military base because my friend; you have to show ID to get on a military base. Without a wallet, I have no ID to show. Therefor the guards could careless about some pyscho lady who claims to live on Dugway. So yes, I drove alllllllllllll the way back to the base and one of the Soldiers was kind enough to go dig through my messy house looking for my wallet and to meet me outside the base with it. Bless his heart.
Story isnt over folks. I now have my wallet and I am on my way BACK through the stupid pass, back to Tooele. Get to Tooele, everything is peachy. Get my WIC checks, get to walmart, found everything I needed (almost). Hop on over to the check out, go to grab my wallet.... and *poof* gone. Well CRAP, you've got to be kidding me!!!! I stop the clerk and say 'I cant find my wallet, dont scan it, I'm going to go check my car and I'll be right back' so she says 'ok' and starts scanning the guy behind me. I'm running to the car, turn the car upside down. NO WALLET. What the crap.... I know its here. Issac starts fussing and I turn to give him his bink and *poof* my wallet appeared in the shopping cart. Yup, right where I put it when I walked into Walmart. I just forgot I put it there. IDIOT, I had it the whole time. I go back in and pay for everything and leave. By this time I'm a sweatball and just want to go home and never leave the house again.
I only wish I had a brain.... seriously. Bad day. Issac was a trooper though, he didnt cry the whole trip. I was nervous because our trips to Provo last weekend he screamed the whole way.
Aye aye aye.... I'm worn out just telling the story. Issac's face below describes my emotions very well.

2 comments:
LOL!!! I've had days like that! I also left Wal-mart on Monday this week a sweaty-sweatball. Anne Elyse was whining and crying what seemed like the WHOLE time and then by the time we were at the checkout, Tyler gives her a pinch on the face, because he's ticked off about something and she's SCREAMING. I couldn't get out of there fast enough! Oh, and here's a fun side note, the girl who was our checker, I went to Jr. High with and we used to call her "Wackie Jackie." I don't know if she recognized me, but if she did, she was probably thinking, now look who's the wackie one!
I bet you said at least a couple of swear words throughout the ordeal. I know I would have! I never used to swear until I had kids. :)
lol i pulled a mom the other night - D wanted stew for dinner so i managed to get it going, i gave Issac a cooking lesson and did it one handed. well i put 7 cups of water in it so i wouldnt have to go and add more water later. BURNT to the crisp. i said 'shhhiii-oooot!' and then again when one of the tree ornaments dropped i said it again LOL.
we slept much better last night, he slept from 9:15-3:30am then from 4am-8am so i'm happy and awake before noon for once.
i had a roommate we nicknamed 'whackie jackie' LOL
Post a Comment