Monday, December 8, 2008

Our week in review

Not much has happened this week but I've taken several pictures so I thought I'd share them.

Last Thursday night I was doing dishes and put Issac in his Bumbo. Apparently I'm not too exciting when I wash dishes because he fell asleep.

On Saturday Issac tried on his new Ralph Lauren tennys. Auntie Katrina bought them this summer at "the rack". Who pays over $40 for kids shoes? We got them for a steal of a deal and they were mommy's birthday present, I just thought they were too cute. Well here is our little ladies man in his hoity toity duds.

Also on Saturday I decided to try out my new 3 barrel curling iron. I got one for Christmas, but really I wanted to get one for the Ball that we are going to in 2 weeks. My sister Katrina hinted that maybe I should try it out before the DAY OF. Good idea. So I used my present early, as already planned and this is what happened. Donavon said I looked like a child bride and like I was 16 or 17. I think he said exactly 'it took 5 years off of you!' and I think I replied, 'did I need to take 5 years off or something?'. It started out kinda poofy and frizzy but relaxed and held up pretty well.
Here is Donavon and Bubby Boo showing off his new kicks.

Allright, well Mommy opened her Christmas present early and so did Issac. We bought him, *ahem* excuse me, Santa got him an Exersaucer a couple weeks ago. I had every intention of saving it until Christmas and wrapping it and putting it under the tree. However after contemplating it today; its not like he is going to know the difference and I would really like to start getting things done around the house and he's more 'mobile' than before. So that rules out leaving him on the sofa and he gets tired of sitting in his bumbo. He's also really starting to get into toys.

I will tell you after setting up this stupid thing I have a new appreciation for parents who stayed up late on Christmas Eve to set up all the toys. I never would have thought there were so many screws and WASHERS and springs and what not that went into this thing! The manuel alone was about 20 pages long! It took me about an hour and half to do it, and by that time I glanced up and Issac was passed out on the sofa. GREAT. All that hard work and he falls asleep as I finish it! I could just imagine what he was thinking 'dude mom, you're so slow' Oh and we forgot the batteries. Boo.... Fortunately Donavon had some stashed away at home so we put them in and let him sit in it. He picked up right away on the buttons on the keyboard and was smacking them. The seat spins around too so he can move to different 'stations'. The only bad thing, the bar that hangs above, the sound doesnt work on it so I'm going to have to hassle w/ Babies 'R Us now for a new one. BAHUMBUG. Oh well. He seems to like it ok so far, he was kinda tired when we put him in it, and he needs a blanket wrapped around him to keep him from face planting into it. Here are some pictures of him (and Diesel) playing.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

That was fun to see the shoes on him. Do they stay on? Doesn't that just figure that you spend all that time putting the darn exersaucer together and the top part doesn't work? Now you're going to have to take it back, get a new one, ASSEMBLE the new one. Lame. The hair looks good. I think it makes you look like your hair is naturally wavy. Can't wait to see the babe. :)

Momma Strain said...

yeah the shoes stay on great! i was really surprised, but he has really wide feet so it was kinda hard to get them on. oh and i put Issac in his exersaucer this afternoon and all the sudden the top part started playing and ligthed up. dunno what was up with that but whatever! saves me the hassle now!

Meagan said...

I LOVED the exersaucer when Alec was Issac's age. I seriously got so much more done...it was my first step to momentary freedom! :) Love the shoes and the hair too...oh, and you better call me next time you are in SLC so we can hang out...