The other week the Larry H. Miller group sponsored a Military Spouse Appreciation Day. Every May there is a 'Military Spouse Appreciation Day' in which us spouses are honored for our committment to our spouses and the family.
The few spouses that are out here at Dugway were treated to a day in Salt Lake. It started out with a trip to the Mall... wait a trip on a prison bus down Skull Valley, playing bingo THEN they dropped us off at the mall, then onto lunch and a movie. It was nice to get out and do something, especially see a movie. I havent seen a movie in probably over a year ago. So anyways I hung out with Mardi the whole time. She is the only other spouse who is LDS. The others well... if you've talked to me you know my opinion. I wont state it here in case there are snoopers or stalkers.
So anyways, I got to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. LOVED IT! lunch was ehh ok, and I bought a new swimsuit.
The bus ride kinda sucked. For the few that have actually come to Dugway you know Skull Valley is really bumpy in a car, so imagine the slow ride on a prison bus. Overall it was a great time.
Here is a picture of me & Mardi in front of our prison bus day.
No comments:
Post a Comment