So, its been awhile since I've done any good posts. I suppose its about time! For those of you who aren't on Facebook; I will post pictures of our "house" in the making.
We've survived our first week of Recruiting. Its going to take some getting used to. Never know when he'll be home from work. Could be 3pm, or 8pm. Try to plan dinner around that! I told him he is just going to have to suck it up and learn to like leftovers & the microwave. He has something against the microwave; not sure why! Donavon's always been the type who aims to please, and with his outgoing personality I must say I'm not really all that surprised how well he's been doing. Within his first 2 days he had 3 appointments and some contacts. Some of the other guys said it took them weeks before they even had 1. His office has already met mission for Active so they are working on the "part timers" (reserve & guard). He said the days are incredibly long, but Fridays are his favorite, no 3 hours making cold calls!
On mine & Issac's end its been manageable. Our first day we had serious problems at the grocery store and I about ditched my cart and went home. Donavon said I got soft while he was home for a month & a half. Could be... or it could be my son is just entering that stage of life where he has to make everything harder on Mommy. We've booted bed time back from 8pm to 8:30 so that Donavon & Issac can still see each other and spend some time together. Donavon's not off to work until 7:45ish and Issac & I wake up arond 7 so we get to see him in the morning too. We've already had 1 trip to the office for a picnic lunch at Dad's 'desk'. On days he's stuck manning the office I suppose we'll make lunch dates out of it.
Other than just trying to survive nothing is really 'new' with us. We went to Ikea last week and bought Issac a tent & tunnel. Right when we got there we ran into a old High School friend of mine, Stacey. I hadn't seen her since Whitney's bridal shower. I got to see her new little one, he is a cutie! Makes me want another one, but I must wait to see how well I can handle Daddy not being around much. Anyways, Issac has been enjoying his new toys, but they take up a lot of space so I've packed them back up for awhile.
He's been cutting 3 teeth this week. He's earned the new nickname "Beav" because I went in his room yesterday to change his bedding and whataya know.... someone's been eating wood.... there are knaw marks on his crib! Down to the bare wood! He's also becoming quite vocal, jibber jabbers all day long. Depends on the day of which words he'll use. He understand us very well and knows exactly what we are talking about. Such as "are you hungry?" you get a "mmmm-mmm-mmm" from him. If you say "bye-bye" he waves bye to you. I put him down for a nap the other day and said 'sweet dreams baby, see you when you wake up, bye bye' and he waved to me! Cracked me up!
Also I was yelling at Diesel to stop doing something and Issac ran over to him and started yelling and smacking his nose. That's another thing. 'No-No" triggers immense meltdowns. I kind of am a little worried because when he doesnt get his way, he hurts himself. He bangs his head on everything. He'll bang it on the floor, go over and bang it on the wall, the table, the chair, etc. Then he's crying because he's hurt! I dont get it! I suppose we'll have to resort to distraction for now.
So anyways, thats what is "new" with us. Nothing to exciting. Oh, as for the house the fondation is poured. Below are some pictures for ya. Oh duh, how could I forget. We met our neighbors last night! We stopped by to take those pictures and they were outside. Great couple, seem really nice & they have a little girl thats 2 and one due in April. I'm pretty excited to have normal neighbors. They seemed to pass the normal test! Haha!
Backside of the house
1 comment:
He's turning into a little boy! He seems so grown up in these pictures, even from when we saw you at Halloween. Speaking of growing up, Tori is changing so quickly. I am waiting to get back photos from her "shoot" that my friend Heidi took of her. Then I will post them galore. She also had her picture taken in a very cute little tutu today.
Post a Comment