Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All by meself!

Issac is changing too fast!!! Where is my baby going?! It seems like every morning when he wakes up he's a little less baby and a little more toddler. Makes me sad. So since he's changing so dang fast I suppose I'll have to up my posts a bit more to keep up with him!

He's running, and walking backwards. He has this little push toy that also folds down into a riding toy; he likes to chase Diesel with it and run him over, then laugh. Poor Diesel. Today Diesel was snoozing in the sun and totally got blindsided by Issac, and then Issac let out this huge laugh and backed up and rammed him again. Diesel shot right up the second time and took shelter by me.

Last week he said "apple juice". I'm not even kidding you. I was changing a diaper and after that it was apparent he needed a bit of apple juice and I asked him if he wanted some and he said 'apple juice?' plain as day! Coiencidence? Think not. When Donavon got home he asked him about apple juice and he said 'apple?'. So there. He hasnt said it since. Just 'uice'.

He continues to love dogs more and more each day. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks he is one; he sure does bark a lot during the day. Anytime he sees a dog, or someone mentions it or you do anything with Diesel. Maybe they know what each other is thinking or saying?

I noticed today that he's getting a molar. Explains why he was so needy this morning and extra fussy and whiney. He has 4 on top and 4 on bottom and then that bottom molar, he wouldnt let me sneak a peak for any others.

He's still a shy guy and snuggles up when he's not too sure about anyone. He's starting to scowl at ladies who tell him how cute he is. He did it at costco and at another store today.

He likes to stir things up. Yesterday I had binky, poker chip wheat thin soup. Tastey. He's big time interested in what you're doing in the kitchen and insists on being held to get a good eye at it all. He helped me stir a chocolate cake on Sunday. I'm thinking a play kitchen is in his future.

Now the reason for this post. I took a picture today of him eating his lunch. People like to give their two cents when I get him ready to eat because I strip him down to a diaper. I've always done this because to get pureed baby food out of clothes is impossible and he hates bibs so its just easiest this way. Not to mention he's a slob. Sorry Issac, there just isnt a nicer way to put it, you're a slob. Well since we're a big boy now its not cool to be fed by someone. He has to do it himself. Giving him a spoon isnt enough, he wants to do it ALL by himself. Sometimes if you are sneaky you can sneak in a bite while he's occupied with trying to scoop food. However, it doesnt work out so well and it just goes everywhere. So today, for lunch, he had Nalley's Chili. He loves the stuff. He's a mexi lover like his momma. He even loves my really spicey salsa!! Donavon cant even hack it sometimes! He doesnt even l ike to be handed snacks, he has to get them himself out of the package.

So here is today's lunch photo op with Mister Man. {sorry for the poor quality, its a iphone pic}

1 comment:

Meagan said...

You're right....he HAS grown up!! Definitely has more of a big boy look to him now. Crazy how that seems to happen overnight. He's a cutie...love the pic! :)