Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July!

We hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Here in the motherland, where our poop don't stink; we dont celebrate on Sundays. Only heathens do such things. This year as we all know the 4th was on a Sunday and 99.9% of the activities in this state happened on Saturday, with a few on Monday. Quite disappointed, I mean whats so wrong about celebrating the birthday of our country, a country in which God blessed us with. I'd rather say 'I'm proud to be an American' than 'I'm snobby Mormon who throws stones at those who celebrate', that to me just is unpatriotic. So we celebrated. Sort of. As much as Utah will let you celebrate. I guess I never realized how strict the firework laws were in Utah. Maybe that is in part to I never really stick around in Utah over the 4th. The few times I have, I've been lucky enough to have some dirtbag boyfriend take me to a big show. Lucky lady I know. All the other years I've opted to go home and usually stick around for my birthday which is 1 week later. Suppose its a birthday present to myself.

No vacations home this year (for the 4th), Donavon isnt exactly getting a whole lot of time off this summer. Too many babies are being born and recruiters leaving for new assignments is leaving the office rather empty; thus forcing him to work like a horse. We've been told to just pretty much forget any time off June-August. We've requested a week at the end of August/beg of Sept., but no one is promising anything. The only thing we have going is he leaves for 2 months soon after and we'd like SOME family time, but then again he's leaving for 2 months and they NEED him, apparently more than I do. Uncle Sam isnt the best about sharing. I'm wife number 2 in the situation, my hair isnt big enough yet.

We went over to his parents house for a BBQ, but somehow even though all his siblings were in town it ended up being just us and his parents. Fine by us. Less chaos and we can actually visit with his parents. After dinner we took off back home to light off a few fireworks. All the neighbors were gone but we managed to find some other losers while we were on a walk that had no plans and they came down to be losers with us. I dont even want to talk about the fireworks. I was disgusted. Lets just say, what you can explode in Washington vs. Utah is like night & day. My expectations were rather high I guess. Oh, and you can refer to facebook for proof of the lameness, I uploaded 2 videos.

Issac liked the pop-its, those were pretty cool. He even got brave enough to go and jump on all the ones that didnt "pop". We tried the sparklers and he was ok with them, I ran to get the camera and some naughty soul let off a real firecracker and scared the living daylights out of the kid. After that it took a bit to get him ok with the sparklers again, and then after that one sparkler, I dropped it on the ground and he picked it up, burning his fingers. DONE. Maybe next year. Sorry babes, bad Mommy.


Family portrait taken by the camp chair. 1st try w/ the 10 second timer, pretty good eh?

The twins. Although he has Mommy's hair, I kid you not, its the same exact color of mine.


Pop-its with Mommy
Nice Daddy, 2 year old + explosives = awesome. :)
What is the 4th of July without an Old Navy shirt?

"heathens, over there lighting off illegal fireworks"


No comments: