Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Jammer time

Last week I made strawberry & raspberry freezer jam. Issac on occassion enjoys a slice of whole wheat bread with some jam smeared on it. Forget the peanut butter. I'm just about out and its the perfect time of year to do it, so I did it.

6 pints of strawberry & 6 pints of raspberry. Yum. I've still got more strawberries, and they are delicious. Trying to decide if I should make more and give some to the neighbors or just eat the berries. Suppose I should decide soon!

Issac was napping while I made the strawberry but woke up in time for the raspberry. As soon as he saw what I was doing he was my best friend. Up onto the barstool and grabbing the fresh jars and screaming at me for some. I got out an old jar from the fridge and got him a slice of bread but instead he started eating it by the spoonfuls. Healthy. I think he was worried about how much freezer space we have left and thought it would be a good idea to eat whats left of the 'old stuff'.


Let me tell you when I finally took away the spoon and the jam he wasnt very happy with me.


And... since we are on the topic of Issac & food I'll just throw this one in too. One of the nights Donavon was working from 8am-11pm I made Nalley's Chili for dinner. Yum. Ok so I'm not as big of a fan these days but Issac loves it and I wasnt about to cook that night. I was sitting right next to him and somehow spaced out long enough for him to take spoonfuls of his chili and dump it on his head. Must have felt nice, because he kept doing it. He used to do this when he was little, he'd smear food everywhere, and he'd rub his hands through his hair too. I used to have to bathe him after dinner each night. Have you ever cleaned chili out of a childs thick luscious hair? My tub needed a garbage disposal! Gross. I'm just glad it didnt turn his pretty blonde hair orange.

He's such a stink, but I still love him.

Ok, one more. Usually when Issac wakes up he wants something to eat. Since he's not talking yet we go by pointing to things he wants, or holding him up so he can grab what he wants out of the fridge. Last week he couldnt decide on anything, then finally the Reddi Whip caught his eye. Done deal. I thought I'd be a really nice Mommy and cut up some of the yummy strawberries in the fridge and give him strawberries and cream. No, he just wanted the cream. Forget the berries. Weirdo.


'now how did Mom do that...'

'eh this works just as well'

1 comment:

Jane said...

Go Girl on the freezer jam! I.love.freezer.jam. In crepes, on pancakes, toast, mixed with yogurt. I'll have it all.