I want to start out with sharing a few things from the beginning of time. I dont have any 'freshie' {aka just pulled from the womb} pictures with me, they still lay with my parents. I made do with what my Mom put in my photo album she made me & put my new printer-scanner-copier to work!
{ I think this is one of the few baby pictures that Issac and I like similar}
To celebrate 25 years of life my boys took good care of me. On Saturday Donavon's parents took Issac for a few hours so Donavon & I could go on a little day date. We went and saw Toy Story 3. Just have to say I love Barbie and Ken. What a team! Since Donavon spilled his Jamba Juice all over him at the very beginning - I mean 'Toy Story 3' Just popped up on the screen beginning; we had to drive home to let him change clothes afterwards. Picked up Issac since he had just woken up from a nap and headed out shopping! Made a few quick trips, the boys waited in the car while I shopped. I got some make up, a few shirts and some nail polish.
Then we headed out for dinner. I've been craving The Pie Pizzeria so bad for the last week. So delicious. If you havent been, you must go. There are a few scattered about here in Utah. Oh man. We order a huge pizza just so we can take some home. My favorite pizza ever. The location we went to happened to have a gigantic fountain outside since it is next to South Jordan City Hall. The whole time we ate Issac had his eye on it and kept pointing to it. After we ate we went and played in it. The water was freezing but Issac didnt seem to mind. He had the time of his life and was soaked.
A short walk around all the shops and he was dry, and Mommy got to window shop. On the way home we stopped off at Walmart to buy my present. I randomly thought last week, 'I need a sound system'. I have been struggling with 'what do I want' and I finally decided that was what I wanted. I wanted something I could plug my iphone into and listen to my tunes, who knows maybe that will give me a boost to clean. {maybe}.
Donavon said I had to get it because it was too late for him to go to another store to get my other gift he was planning on getting me. I said 'well what if I want that other gift more... I dont get a choice?' I made him tell me. He was planning on getting me a really spendy lamp from Pottery Barn. I love the lamp, but lets me real. I have a little boy, and he has a pretty good arm!
Donavon is loving the fact that his wife wanted a home theatre system for her birthday. I am a pretty awesome wife huh?
As for my actual birthday, Issac slept through the night {hooray!} and Donavon got up with him this morning. However Mr. Sun was blinding me as it came up that it messed with my internal clock and by 8:30 it felt like 11. I slowly made my way out of bed and came downstairs and my boys were making me pancakes. Not just pancakes; Snoqualmie Falls pancakes. Yum! My favorite! They were planning on bringing it to me in bed but I beat them.
{Chef Issac - This kid loves to cook & help me. How sweet is that? My baby making his Momma breakfast!}
{mmm....}
After breakfast we tested out the sound system and Issac had a dance party while we picked up. I must say, I took some of Issac's things up to his room and was amazed that I couldnt hear a peep of the loud music downstairs. AWESOME. That means that when Issac naps, I can rock out while I clean.
OH, and I forgot to mention. This sweet system we got has this technology called 's-air' and it came with this big speaker/alarm clock looking thing that I can plug into any other room and listen to music up there. But wait, I'm not done. Issac could be watching a movie with his surround sound and I could be upstairs scrapbooking listening to my tunes that are playing downstairs while he watched a movie {its a wireless device that broadcasts my music, while simultaneously doing something else for a tot who wants to watch a movie} Cool. I'm loving it.
Also I dont want to forget.... I got some corals for my fishie tank. They had a deal buy 2, get 1 free. I will have to post pictures of those later. They were all closed up for most of the day in defense mode. Pretty cool.
Tonight I made Blackened Chicken Alfredo for dinner and my Aunt Julie & Uncle Jim came over for strawberries & ice cream. They brought me this super cool bamboo tree! Thanks guys! My Aunt was right, looks pretty cool in my 'jungle' bedroom. {which I need to post pictures of, I painted it greeeeeen}. Also my neighbors Sebrina & Greg & their tribe brought me my favorite treat, Chocolate Chip Mint ice cream. They're the best!
Today has been a pretty good day, yesterday too! I'm a pretty lucky girl! I must admit I'm pretty sad to be 25 and not under 25. I always looked at it as if it was a death wish. However, I've had several people tell me their 30's were their funnest years so I guess thats something to look forward too! I'll let you know how the mid-life crisis works out.
Thanks everyone for making my day so special! I feel special & very loved.







3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a blast on your special day!
I love the baby pictures, brings back the best memories. You were the cutest little thing. And you are right, that last picture does remind me of Issac. Glad you are enjoying the sound system!
Glad we could help you celebrate. Trust me you will want to do additional Birthdays! Grandpa Carl always use to say you're as young as you feel.
There is no question that Issac looks like you! I can't believe how much he looks like you! Ah yes, I know you don't remember this as you were only a year old, but one time you flew with me to Utah. Your parent's, Ry & Katrina drove down the day before. I remember I ask the lady sitting next to me if she would watch you just long if enough for me to use the restroom. I sat you in my sit, took about three step and you scream bloody murder!
Consequently, I never made it to the restroom and kept my legs crossed for the remainder of the flight !! All these people were complimenting me on my adorable baby, I never let anyone know you weren't mine : ) Love you, Jules
Post a Comment