Thursday, September 9, 2010

Calling all cooks!

Err... single cooks...

Anyone have any great SINGLE recipes they'd like to share? I'll be making dinner for ONE starting next weekend for 2 1/2 months. Issac doenst eat much nor appreciate half of what I cook so I'm flying solo. Or if its even just a recipe for two, and maybe I can freeze it or eat it for leftovers the next day. (Everything I make for the two of us could feed 4-5, and I eat the leftovers since he wont).

I have about a zillion containers of frozen spaghetti sauce in the freezer. At least last time I lived with my inlaws and they were happy to eat whatever I cooked - this time around its going to be a big challenge to feed myself.

HELP! I've even considered just making meals for all my neighbors and becoming the neighborhood chef since some of them hate cooking, but wait, who am I fooling? Although I dont mind cooking, I'll admit I HATE cleaning up. Hate it. I hate dishes. Loathe them.

This is going to be a big challenge in and of itself.... forget single parenting! What the heck did I ever do in College? Oh yeah... I cooked dinner for boys or my roomates, all of whom gladly ate whatever I made. Crap.

All ideas greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

When Chris is gone, I seriously keep it VERY simple. Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, tortellinis with marinara, tacos, quesadillas, grilled anything, baked potatoes, mac cheese, pesto pasta with chicken. Just cut any recipe in half and eat it two nights in a row...

Anonymous said...

Well since I did the single thing for practically longer than anyone on earth I'm kind of with Meagan. Keep it simple. Soups, stew, chowder, things you can make and then freeze portions. I use to have a couple of places I liked where I could pick up take out that was good. I also had a great bakery I use to pick up a cupcake or something at. Doesn't make sense to do a whole batch when there is just one.
One of my favorite meals is grilled cheese and chowder. You can get Ivar's white chowder at Costco. I know grandma uses it. I'm not a big fan, I make my own.