Issac sure keeps me on my toes, but I wanted to share a little bit about what he's been up to since most of the posts lately are all things Katie. Maybe that is why he keeps getting injured? Trying to make a comeback on the blog?
Well, in the last month he has had a black eye, then once that healed he fell off his trike and got 4 stitches. Those are finally out and tonight he ran into the window ledge. As I put him to bed I saw that there is a nice bruise. All on the left eye. He also slipped while running wild pushing his 4 wheeler and cut his forehead, and lip today as well. Don't forget the scraped knees. He scraped them a few days ago and he's scraped them a few more times since. I swear I don't beat him. If he gets one more injury I'm pretty sure his speech therapy ladies are going to call CPS.
Speaking of speech, his speech is coming along wonderfully. He has added a ton of new words, and tries new ones every day without being prompted. Tonight I said "gosh" and he repeated me perfectly. Although he has tons of new words some of them are pretty sloppy. I have been working with him on adding words together. Instead of "mom mom mom.... juice... mom mom"; I have him repeat after me "Mom, can I have some juice?". Some of the words might not even sound like the real word, but its a start. Trying to get rid of the "za za and ja ja" he puts before everything.
He's really good at colors, counting to two and animal sounds as well. My favorite is the monkey, priceless. He lifts up his arms and tickles his arm pits and tummy and oo-oo's and ah-ah's.
He still loves music. Now that I have my ipod hooked up in the car he likes to rock out to tunes with me. He'll even attempt to sing along. Its pretty cute. Check out the video at the below, you can catch him "ooo-ing" along.
Its amazing how much he picks up, pretty scary actually. Today we went an ran errands and after I got Katie out of the car he was freaking out "mom, hand hand hand, cars! hand!". I've been trying to teach him about car safety and awareness in parking lots and on our street. Its obviously working! Then tonight at dinner after Donavon finished he leaned back and put his hands up behind his head and monkey see, monkey do - he did the same thing. He copies Donavon all the time, its adorable. I keep reminding him that his son idolizes him so be careful!
He definitely knows how to get into trouble too. His favorite thing is to play in the powder room sink. He's now tall enough with his stool to turn on the water. The other week he had taken all the towels and put them in the sink, and was using his play cup to drink. He also will go and stick his head under the faucet when he needs a drink. I finally had enough and shut off the water to the sink. Boy was he mad. He also likes to pester Sister when she sleeps. I honestly feel like every time I have to fight her to go to sleep and I finally do, he wakes her up.
Issac still has his usual rituals and loves. When my parents came to town to see Katie they brought him Richard Scarry's Cars & Trucks & Things that go book, aka "where's gold bug?". Saying he loves the book is an understatement. We read it every night and nap time, and when he wakes up in the morning he "reads" it himself until one of us comes and gets him. When we get him out of bed, "be" (blankie) and "buh" (gold bug) have to come downstairs.
He still loves to watch tv, but he's laid off watching Cars and Bolt every day. He's probably only watched Cars once in the last 2 months and hasn't watched Bolt since my parents where here in April. Movies in the car are few and far between too. I try to distract him each time he asks with "lets look for doggies or horses or cows!" Every time he sees the fields of cows he says "mom, mooo! mom, za be! (the baby!), mom, za da! (the dad!), mom, za mom! (the mom!)". Today I asked him 'are there any sissy cows?' I got a big fat no.
Issac is quite the big brother. I'm so proud of him for doing such a good job. He usually helps me out when I need it and I appreciate all those binky and burp rags he gets me. The other day I was at the computer and Katie was crying in her bed. I got up to go get her and Issac had gone downstairs and was on his way back up with a binky. He stopped playing and went all the way down the stairs and hunted for her binky. He said "Mom, za been" (the binky). So sweet. He gives her lots of kisses, and pets her fluffy hair, gives her the binky when she fusses and shows her how to play with her toys on her jungle mat. He also likes to tickle her tummy and poke her belly button. I knew he'd come around one day! Donavon asked him on Mother's day if we should leave Sissy at Aunt Julie's house and he said "uh uh". Then when we left he made sure to let Aunt Julie know that "be" goes in her carseat. He pointed to her seat numerous times and said "be! be!".Glad he didnt want to leave her behind!
Here are some pictures of my sweet boy. I love him more than anything in the whole world. I have the cutest babies and a perfect little family.
{"Mom! Be!"}
{Playing soccer while we watched cousin Carrissa's soccer game last Saturday}
{The new hat to keep the new scar out of the sun for the next year... oh joy}
{Flashing gang signs - ok just kidding... he does this when he says "go" wanting to know where it went}
{Sitting like the men}
{Nice black eye...}
No comments:
Post a Comment