Tuesday, May 17, 2011

8 weeks

Katie bug is 8 weeks today! Happy 8 weeks Missy Moo Moo! She's currently napping on a pillow, positioned in my lap while I blog. Its working out nicely.

Little Missy Moo Moo is starting to coo more often, she can really belt them out too! She's also cracking more and more smiles. She still loves her baths and doesn't even cry when I wash her hair!

She usually goes to bed after a nice snack at about 10:30 or 11. She'll sleep until 3:30 or so and then wake up again at about 7 or 7:30, which is about the time Issac wakes up. She still tends to be fussy around dinner time. You know, when I actually have to put her down. Then she'll usually stop once Daddy rescues her. That is when the battle over who gets Dad's lap begins. By the time dinner is ready she's calmed down and almost asleep. Well at least until I take a bite and then she magically wakes up. Kid you not. Every time I eat the girl wakes up. You'd think it would help the dieting but its not. {Only 10lbs and I'll be back to where I was when we got married!, 7 and what I was before Issac!}

She hates her car seat, and doesn't like the car either. 90% of the time I'm reaching into the backseat for her binky or feeding her a bottle as we go down the road. It makes for fun car rides when I'm driving with the kids alone. Issac usually covers his ears, or screams.

During the day she prefers to be in the Moby wrap, which is fine. But sometimes its nice to put her down and be more productive. I haven't been using the wrap as often hoping I can get her more accustomed to being on her own.

We've also started putting her in the bumbo and she'll tolerate it for about 5 minutes, and she likes her jungle play mat.

She sees the Dr next week for her 2 month check up! Excited to see how big she has gotten!

8 weeks...}


{last night, she actually slept during dinner amazing!}


{lounging in the tub}


{hungry, the wash cloth works!}


{Playtime!}


 {First warm day calls for summer dresses!}


{Bumbo time!} 



 {Yes, they are matching... how cute! You have no idea how long this took!!}



{It's already started...}

{"Bove!!!" aka 'move'}


{Don't touch my cars! Every time she'd kick her foot he'd move his cars further away.}


{Lets see what happens when I grab her toes...}


 {Drum roll please...}


{The stare down... I can only imagine what they're both thinking. Katie probably "I'm the princess bub, I'm gonna make your life Hell!" Issac, "who do you think you are chick, come waltzing in here like you own the place! Well do I have news for you!"}


Oh the joys...




3 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like she belongs! so cute
xxoo

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

She is the cutest little thing!! Her hair is super adorable. I'm happy to hear that life with 2 is going well for you and that the adjustment is going well! I think that after babysitting a 7 mon old and a 3 mon old I'll definitely be more relaxed when our #2 comes along eventually. This has been a living hell from 7am-4pm and thank GOODNESS they go home. Some days I tell Ryan, good luck trying to convince me that we should have more kids!!! Now that Brinley eats by herself, takes good naps, talks to me, and can play by herself, it will definitely be hard to get back to the baby stage of nursing every 2 hours and not getting sleep!!! BUT- totally joyful and amazing all at the same time.

Love the updates!!

Did you hear Maricela had her baby girl last month?? She is adorable. We hope to see each other sometime this summer since we aren't too far from each other!

Joan said...

Love the updated pictures, you are right, you have the cutest kids. Can hardly wait to see them, I know one of them will let me hold them! Mom