I promised my mother inlaw I'd catch up on the blog. She mentioned she missed my updates, and she's laid up on the hospital right now so I told her I'd give her some reading material and something to cheer her up while she recovers. So, Brenda, this is for you!
Mother's day came a little early this year at our house. It started when Donavon asked what I wanted for mother's day. I didnt have any ideas so I thought about it for a few days. Then on Sunday I said "ok I know what I want for Mother's day, I want you to make me a window box for my flowers" he just replied "too late, I already have it planned." Well what the crap. Why'd you ask then. Somewhere inbetween there was a conversation about him not celebrating Mother's day one year. "well that must have been before you had Issac then" I replied "uh nope, we were living in this house" he adds "you lie"... "uh nope, I clearly remember it".
He kind of had this look on his face like did I really do that?! He couldnt even believe it himself! He obviously had some making up to do.
I cant really remember the series of events, but Donavon had a pow-wow with Issac and they decided to order something I've been longing for ever since it came out. I remember coming downstairs and Issac told me what it was. I kind of wondered, but what 3 1/2 year old can keep a secret?
After tracking its journey around the world, literally; It arrived. Donavon made me wait until he got home to open it. He said he should have made me wait until Mother's day.
We are loving the iPad. Issac is learning his letters, numbers and shapes, and games of course. Katie love Peekaboo Barn, just like brother did at her age! I must admit I hardly use my iPhone now. I couldnt stand always squinting at that teeny screen.
So thanks honey for letting Issac and Katie buy it for me. Best Mother's day present ever. Good luck topping that!
No comments:
Post a Comment