At 15 months old Katie is 28.9" tall (10th percentile), she weighs in at 18.75lbs (3rd percentile) and her head is 17.3" (5th percentile).
She is a chatty little thing and some of what she can say is: Mommy, Daddy, Issac, outside, hi, buh-bye, no no, eye, nose, baba, what's that, and probably a few others that I'm forgetting. She sticks her tongue out and pants like a dog, and she's beginning to woof like one too. She's quite advanced for her speaking, the Dr said 3-5 words is usually about the most you'll see. She attempts several other words all the time too but doesnt say them regularly to the point I'd count them. She copies everything her brother does and is his little shadow. If he's across the street at a friends house she just marches right over. So word to the wise, if you are outside with Katie you have to be on your toes and ready to run after her!!! She is FAST!
Issac has yet to understand the power of his example. Anything he does she wants to do. Just the other night he ran up to Donavon sitting on the couch and kicked him in the shin. She then went up and kicked him in the shin. I was laughing pretty hard. More so because watching her attempt to get her leg up high enough in the air to kick his shin was pretty funny itself. Issac has taught her way too much. He's taught her to use her fingers as guns, how to box, how to dig in dirt, how to climb, how to open fruit snacks, how to open cupboards, how tastey candy is, how to color and many other things.
I can quickly see evolution in the works. She can do so many things that Issac never figured out until much older, all simply because she see's him do it. Issac didnt have that luxury of having someone who has already figured it out for him. I'm worried how smart the 3rd would be! Yikes!
Some of Katie's favorite things are playing outside. Whenever we go out front she marches right down the driveway and down the sidewalk to our neighbors house. I think she enjoys playing with their 3 girls, seeing as they actually play with her and her brother does not. Whenever we get home and I take her out of her seat she HAS to get down and go out front. Then she usually high tails it down the sidewalk. Resulting in a crying fit because I wont let her go knock.
Katie loves her bath, she could stay in the bath all day. We have taken the kids swimming twice this week and I was actually surprised she loved the pool. I'm not sure why I was so surprised but I was. Donavon has been teaching swim lessons for our friends so we hang in the pool while he does that. Katie has no fear. She'll keep walking towards the deep end until I stop her as she's about to go under. The big play place they have in the pool has always scared the you know what out of Issac. Mainly because it has a ginormous bucket of water that drops every 5 minutes and it terrifies him. Still. She thought it was so cool. She wanted to go play on that big thing. I sat her up on the ledge and she jumped right in. Its her favorite thing to do in the pool. She floats on her back (with my help) and she will float on her belly and blow bubbles and kick her legs. The girl loves the water!
She also loves to play with big brother. I just wish the feeling was mutual. Occassionally he'll let her play along but not often enough. She likes to play with his cars, motorcycles, 4 wheelers and trains. I catch her playing with matchbox cars more then her baby dolls. But dont let that fool you, the girl loves her baby dolls too. She likes to play with he fisher price doll house and push her babies in the stroller. She usually will go grab her purse before she takes them on a stroll around the house.
The new iPad is also one of her favorites. She loves to play Peekaboo Barn and laughs every time the animals come out of the barn and make their noises. Speaking of Peekaboo, she loves it!
Miss Katie has finally started sleeping through the night. Well sort of. It took 15 months before this girl would sleep all night. She will usually wake up between 1:30 and 2:30 and cry. I give her a binky and tuck her back under the covers. Then between 5 and 7 she will wake up and want a bottle. I feed her and she is back out until 9-10, 11 if she was really tired. She goes down at 8 every night - with the rare occassion that she is just too happy to not go to bed. There have been a few times where she will just lay in her bed and kick the walls. Gee, sound familiar? I think her brother did the same thing! She's never liked to be rocked to sleep or held. Just put her down in her bed with her blanky, teddy and a binky and she'll do the rest.
She still hates to sit still or in your lap. 80% of the time when you are feeding her she will climb right down and then just wonder around while she drinks her milk. Very rarely will she actually sit in your lap and 'snuggle'. So much that just this week she sat in my lap long enough that I read her a very short story book. For the first time ever. I used to read to Issac all the time, she wont sit in your lap. She'll just arch her back and scream and wiggle her way down to the floor, then walk off and glare at you.
She's good at giving you the evil eye. Must be a girl thing ;) She has also refined her tantrums as well. There are days when I really worry about our future when the hormones start kicking in. This little girl is a spitfire! She's very smart and knows just what she wants and that seems to be the problem. She's very clear on what she does and doesnt want, if she doesnt get it... well... imagine the worst.
I sure wish she'd snuggle more, I just cant get enough of her! But nooooo....
Here are some pictures of Miss Katie Bugs through the first 15 months - I'm totally guessing on order here... but you catch the drift right?



1 comment:
What a little cutie! I see my Maya girl in her in the "HAPPY" sweatshirt one. SO excited to see her and the rest of the Strains at the reunion!!!
Post a Comment