Monday, November 12, 2012

4 ... Not 3



Issac buddy had a birthday way back in September! He turned 4 years old on the 4th! This year we opted to not do such a big shindig of a birthday bash because I was pretty wiped out from July, trying to recover in August and was still recouping come his birthday. So we just invited some friends over a few days before his birthday for pizza, cake and ice cream and play time outside. Pretty low key, no over the top decorations, but we wanted to make sure he got the blowing out the candles experience. It was nice to just get in touch with our friends again. We felt like we had been missing all summer long. Naturally Issac was just thrilled as can be to just have his friends at his house all evening long. Win win right?

On his actual birthday he started his first day of preschool! Issac is going to Mrs. Katie's Apple Academy. She lives in our neighorhood, and before our ward spilt she was the Primary President. She was amazing. We lucked out and he got her very last spot! Issac had been bugging us for over a month to go to school, so dont feel bad for this little guy, he thought it was so cool to go to school on his birthday!

{4 years old & First Day of Preschool!!!}

{Mommy... My tummy hurts!!! - Oh greaaat he's got his mothers irritable bowels, I always got gutaches before school!}
 
{See! I'm this many!}
 
{He wanted a monster truck cake, we compromised with baseball cupcakes!}

{Opening his presents with his friends. Victoria, Ashton & Easton}


{A BIG gun! It even shoots out the shells when you  pull the trigger! Complete with lights and obnoxious sounds! He wanted two guns. One for him and one for Easton.}

 
  {On Sunday we had Great Grandma Elyse, Aunt Julie and Uncle Jim, and Papa Mike over for dinner & ice cream!}

{After his friends party we lost his beloved Sally dog. We eventually found her 24 hours later but Aunt Julie bought him another dog just incase. Meet Banjo. He now has THREE dogs he takes every where. Sparky, Sally & Banjo....}

{Papa Mike got him the second gun so him and his buddy could play together}


Issac is still our little lover. He loves to snuggle, give kisses, and is always telling us he loves us. I have to chuckle sometimes because his baby sister can beat up on him pretty well. It is just not his personality to fight back. Now don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean everything is hunky dory at our house. It most certainly is not! Sure he has his moments, of not wanting to share, and he can be quite impatient. For the most part though, he is a pretty great kid. I seriously don't know how I got so lucky to be his Momma. I couldn't be more proud of my boy!

At his well child check he came in just above 38" tall (at his 3 year check he was almost 35") and he was about 31 lbs. He's 10% for height and 25% for weight. Still small, growing nicely and probably come his senior year of high school, just like his dad will grow over a foot and be in agony. Have I ever mentioned how he is the genetic clone of his father?

A typical day in the life of Issac is up and at em from 6:30 to 7am, at your bed side pestering your for chocolate milk, and cartoons. Bubble Guppies, Octonauts, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Doc McStuffins, Jake & the Neverland Pirates, or Max and Ruby are his favorite shows. Don't for get "rental cars" too. Donavon watches this show called Top Gear, there is an episode where they race rental cars through Moab, Utah and Issac loves it. Or any Top Gear for that matter.

Once Daddy goes to work then he usually starts in on bugging Mom to get out of bed. Mom usually wakes up daily from Issac shouting from the bathroom "Mom! Come wipe my butt!". Jealous?

Once Sister is up the "fun" begins. Sometimes he is excited to see her, and will come with me to get her. He'll walk into her room and say in the sweetest softest voice "Hi baby!" or he'll yell with excitement "Katie buggers!!!". Or it could go the other way and I bring her downstairs and I get a nasty look. I know it is going to be along day then!

He's great at getting himself dressed, for the most part he matches. Every now and then we get a crazy outfit! He hates brushing his teeth. His last dentist visit was evident of that. Ten cavities. Yup. Ten. Come December he will be visiting the surgical center to the tune of almost $600 out of pocket to fix those babies. Two of his teeth will have to be silver. Now that he has owies on his teeth he's changed his tune of brushing his teeth. Unfortunately we cant turn back the clock!

Some of Issac's favorite things to eat are Spaghetti (almost any time I ask what everyone wants for dinner he shouts 'sghettis!'), Pizza, Tacos, Taco Soup, Cheesy Chicken & Rice, Gogurt, Instant Breakfast, Peaches, Beef Jerky, Fruit Snacks, Marshmallows, and Grapes.

He has a pretty wild imagination, he plays at home with his imaginary friends, Kawazi, Paso, Captain Barnacles, and Dashy. In case you aren't familiar with the Disney Channel, they have a show called Octonauts, those are some of the characters on the show. Oh and any time something bad happens in this house, "it was Kawazi!". He does have one other imaginary friend, his name is Jacey. He's been around the longest, he said he's tall like Michael (his cousin) and Daddy, but wont tell us anything else about him. He says Jacey said not to. Slightly creepy. Imaginary friend or spirit?

While he's playing some of his favorite things to play are hunting for animals or bad guys. We have plenty of toy guns in this house. Him and Katie team up and keep me safe from all the bad guys. Every now and then they turn on each other and pretend shoot each other.

He's quite athletic and loves to play soccer and tball. Even in the house. Him and his buddy Easton have taken up football in the yard too. Speaking of being in the yard, he's got quite the little gang of friends in our neighborhood. How lucky for him to have such great friends so close to us! He's not shy at all and quite the social butterfly. He still says hi to everyone, even the adults. I have to laugh, we'll be outside alone and a neighbor will come home and he shouts out across the street and 'Hey Greg!'. No one goes unnoticed by Issac!

Some of my favorite things to do with him is lay in bed at night and read stories. After I read them he then has to "read" them to me. He doest a pretty good job and memorizing the stories. Not word for word but he has the plot down. Then after stories we say our prayers. His prayers are the cutest things ever. I just love how he says 'in the name of Jesus Christ amen!'. I love snuggling him, Katie wont snuggle so I'm so thankful my Issac still loves it! I also love the stories he comes up with. Usually in the morning while I'm still laying in bed he'll come in and tell me some whopper stories. Usually about shooting elk and bears in the mountains. The kid can talk and talk and talk!

I don't know what I'd do without him! I know he was given to me for a reason, and I know he was my first for a reason! I couldn't live without this little guy! Love my little Issac baby!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Boy he sure knows how to paste that cheesy smile on doesn't he. Wish he could have come up this fall. Looking forward to January.